An Introduction

Long before there was balance in the world, there was a powerful god who went by the name of Death. No one knew his true name - he just appeared one day and declared himself ruler of the land. Even if someone wanted to protest, no one could - there was no one who could rival his power. Death held power over the dead - hence his name - and his abilities lay in killing others.

For thousands of millennia he ruled over the land with an iron fist until a flashing light appeared on the horizon. In the center of the beacon of light lay the most beautiful woman any man had laid his eyes on. The goddess's name was Life. All the people flocked towards Life, preferring to live under the rule of the beautiful woman who brought light to the world. Some began begging her to shelter them from Death's cruel grip, and that was exactly what she did.

Using her magic, she erected a wall that cleaved the land in two that had Death ruling on one side and her on the other. The wall was not visible to the human eye, rather, it was one made of magic. Those alive lived in Life's kingdom, and the dead dwelled in Death's kingdom. Life had power that rivaled Death's own, and it was that fact that prevented him from overthrowing her. Once a few millennia had passed since the beacon of light summoned Life, people living in her kingdom had forgotten that Death had ruled their ancestors. It was that negligence that made Death's personality more and more withdrawn over the centuries. Slowly, his reputation was broken and remade and people began to fear him. Legends spread about his lust for blood and human souls, and Death became a story told from mothers to children to make sure they behave.

Life was flood with dozens of requests every day to bring a loved one back to life or give a dying family member extra time, but Life had to decline every time with the sorry excuse of keeping the balance. She knew the balance had existed long before her and that to disrupt it would be sin, but there was always a lingering voice in the back of her head that told her that rules were made to be broken.

For centuries, she ruled without giving the voice a second thought, but as Death withdrew into himself, Life grew more unstable, throwing constant fits over seemingly unimportant things. It wasn't going to be long until she gave into the darkness within.

Hello, readers, Pandiabit here... thanks for checking out my story! I hope you'll stick around. It makes me really happy when I see someone new has read it, even if it's one person. If you like it, drop a vote and spread the word, and don't forget to stay tuned for the rest of the story! For the second time, thanks!