FIGHT

FIGHT

Carl watched as Karen ran out of the room, crying loudly as she ran up the steps and into their room.

"Karen!"

Carl ran after her; but got the door shut in his face. Carl knocked on the door before entering in, only to find Karen curled up against a wall.

"Karen, I-I'm so sorry." Carl said as Karen looked up at him. She shook his head in disbelief before she sobbed quietly.

"Noah, he was like a brother I never had. Now he's gone and I feel like all of this is my fault." She cried out as she hugged her knees closer to her.

"How can it be your fau-"

"I encouraged him to go! I should have told him to stay! But I didn't, I encouraged him to go! Now he's dead because of me!" She shouted before Carl's face softened and he sat down next to her.

"It's okay, Karen. It's okay." He assured as he wrapped his arm around her, causing her to lean her head onto his shoulder and cry.

"Carl, if anything happens to me, if I get bit or if I turn, will you kill me?" Two fingers went under Karen's chin and was lifted. She met the eyes of a shocked and almost frightened Carl.

"I'm not going to let that happen to you, Karen. I love you too mich to lose you."

"Just promise me. Please!" Carl shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm not going to kill you. But I will promise to protect you. No matter what happens." Carl said as he held her close. She held his shirt as she cried into it, rivers and rivers of tears swarmed out of her eyes as she did.

Carl continuously kissed her head and whispered that she would be okay. And he was right. He promised he would protect her, no matter what. She smiled to herself before she fell asleep in his arms.

~

Karen knocked on the door of Jessie's residence, hoping that Jessie was in there. She had to talk to her about Pete.

Ever since Karen arrived in Alexandria, Pete has been staring at her like a tiger stares at a gazelle. And she didn't like it one bit.

"Karen?" Karen turned to the door to see Jessie but she had dark spots around her left eye. Karen's eyes went wide when she saw.

"Jessie, why didn't you tell me?" Karen asked as Jessie's eyes went wide, too. Knowing that her dark secret was revealed. Karen forced the door open, causing Jessie to flinch back slightly.

"Karen, don't-"

"Don't what?! Hurt the man that's abusing you?! I knew something was going on the moment I saw you with him! That man is an abuser and I will not have it!" Karen said as she pulled out her knife. "Where is he?"

"H-He's at the bar d-down the street-t." Karen nodded before she stormed out of the Anderson's house.

"Karen, please don't! He will hurt you!" Jessie pleaded as Karen kept walking.

"I don't care! I'm not going to let this happen!" She shouted but then her arm was caught by Jessie.

"No! Please, don't!"

"JESSIE, YOU DON'T GET IT!! I'M NOT LETTING IT HAPPEN BECAUSE I LET IT HAPPEN!! I WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED BY MEN AND MY FATHER WATCHED IT HAPPEN!! HE DIDN'T TELL THEM TO LEAVE ME ALONE OR FIGHT THEM!! HE SAT THERE AND ENJOYED IT!! BAD ENOUGH I HAD WITH HIM AND I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE IT HAPPENING WITH YOU!!" Karen shouted just as loud as she could, getting everyone's attention. She then ripped her arm from a frozen Jessie before she continued towards the bar.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU ASSHOLES KNOW WHERE PETE ANDERSON IS?!" Karen screamed as she kicked the door of the bar open. The men in there laughed but Karen pulled out her sliencer and shot one of the Alexandrians in the thigh.

The guy screamed in pain before Karen shouted again.

"WHERE IS HE?!" The bartender pointed to the man sitting in the back and Karen glared at him.

"Thanks." Karen approached the man quickly but he stood, broke his glass bottle and tried stabbing her with it.

She dodged it quickly and grabbed his arm. But he ripped it away and her nose hit his elbow. She yelled in pain before she threw a punch at him. His body hit the table. As he went to sit up, Karen pinned him back down and landed punches to his face. She knew that her hands were bloody, but she didn't care.

What she didn't know was that Pete grabbed another beer bottle and he slammed it against her skull.

She fell back and held her head, noticing that blood was sapping from out of it.

"Nuh uh, little girl. That ain't how it works." Pete said as he picked Karen up by the hair and dragged her out of the bar.

She shouted as he pulled harder and then he let her go by throwing her into the street. She groaning softly before he grabbed her by rhe hair again.

"You think you could hurt me? No, doll. Like I said, that ain't how it works." He aaid before he slammed her head into the ground. She screamed as her head hit it and cried softly as he pulled her head up from it.

"You bitch!" She heard as Pete's heavy weight left her body. Her head fall to the ground and yelled in pain when it did.

She heard punches being landed but she couldn't see. All she could remember before she blacked out was being picked up by someone.

946 words