RECOVERING

RECOVERING

Karen slowly opened her eyes, hissing as she shut them closed; adjusting to the light shining above her.

She turned her head to the side to see Rick sitting up against a wall snoring softly.

Karen smiled weakly at it before she heard her cell door open. She looked up and saw Hershel enter in.

"Good, you're awake." Hershel said as Rick woke up with a jolt. The moment his eyes met Karen's , he immediately wrapped his arms around her.

She giggled as she hugged back with just the amount of force. She was glad that the medicine worked and she was back to her normal self. Karen sat up, surprisingly strong than she thought she would be.

"How's Carl?" She asked as Rick smiled at her.

"He's okay. Can't wait to see you." He responded as Karen smiled. Hershel opened another bottle of medicine before handing it to Karen.

"Thank you, Hershel." She said once she took them. Hershel smiled before patting her shoulder.

"You're welcome, Karen. You can leave, just make sure you take these before going to bed." Hershel said as he handed her a couple of pills.

Karen smiled before taking them and placing them in a napkin and in her zipper pocket.

Rick helped Karen out of the cell and out of Cell Block D towards their cell block.

~

"She's fine, Carl. She should be here any minute." Natalie said as she rubbed his back. Carl had been crying for a while and he was afraid Karen wouldn't make it with the condition she was in.

He heard the doors open and stood to see Rick and Karen. Carl didn't think straight and ran up to her. Karen jumped into his arms; squeezing the life out of him as he spun her around.

Carl laughed as he set her down and stared into her eyes. She smiled, happy that she was alive, healthy, and back where she needs to be.

Carl kept his arms wrapped around Jane's waist while she kept hers around his neck. They stayed like this before they heard a throat clear. They looked and saw Rick with a smirk on his face.

"Get a room." He joked as Karen laughed. Then out of nowhere, she felt lips on her cheek. She froze as her body began to warm up, she knew she was blushing by the heat on her cheeks.

She looked at Carl who was now smirking at Karen and her blushing before hugged each other again.

"I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you didn't give up on me." She stated as Carl pulled away.

"I wouldn't give up on you. Ever." He said as he caressed her cheek. She smiled and leaned into the touch before their eyes finally met again.

Just as they closed the gap between each other, Rick cleared his throat again. Karen laughed when he saw how red Carl's face was.

They both looked to see Rick smirking, again.

"I know you two are growing up and all, but please. For the sake of me, don't do that around me. It will be a reminder to me that my dear son is growing up." Rick said as he walked away, leaving Karen and Carl to laugh hysterically at the sheriff.

"Now, where were we?"

Karen giggled before their lips pressed together; with passion, with love. It felt like fireworks. (A/n: I know so cliché, but just be happy with it. XD) Karen pulled away slowly, catching her breath while she leaned her forehead against Carl's.

"That was..."

"Amazing?" Carl said as Karen smiled up at him.

"Yeah. It was." Karen said as Carl grabbed her hand and caressed it with his thumb.

"I know we met like not too long, but I just want you to know that I've really liked you since I first met you. I know it sounds a little dorky right now, but you're my first." Kaeen smiled at his cuteness before she kissed his cheek.

"I like you, too, Carl. I too have always liked you since day 1, too." Karen stated as Carl sighed in relief.

"So what does this mean for us?" Carl asked as Karen shrugged and smirked.

"I was hoping you could tell me that." Carl smirked before he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"How about you be my girlfriend?"

Karen looked up at him and smiled sweetly before leaning into him.

"Sure, Cowboy."

741 words