Week Ten

I pull out my phone to email Mason.

To: mhayes@gmail.com

Subject: I still have your hoodie

Hey Professor Hayes, I just finished my Sociology final and Calculus is tomorrow so I should be studying but I've decided I want you in my guts instead :)))))

Oh Lord, I can't say that, I'm pretty sure the university monitors his interactions between students.

I delete the email.

I rewrite.

To: mhayes@gmail.com

Subject: Statistics Final

Hello Mason, I was wondering if you are currently available in your office so I can discuss a problem I noticed while studying for the final? I just need a clarification on it.

Much better.

I click send.

He replies almost immediately.

Re- Subject: Statistics Final

Feyre, unfortunately, I am not currently in my office but I can be there in 10 minutes to help you out. I was going to suggest just figuring it out over email but I get that over the internet probably won't satisfy your need, your need to adequately study for this final that is. So, I'll be there soon, please wait for me there.

I smile at my phone screen.

He couldn't have been more obvious.

Realistically he needs to understand that I'm still his student, he's walking on a tightrope.

I take my time walking to his office and end up running into him on the way there.

"Hey Mason." I greet him.

"Feyre, hi" He goes in for a hug.

I take a step back and evade him

Students and professors don't hug.

What is he doing?

He notices his mistake and shrugs.

We walk side by side to his office and I have to constantly try to move my hand away from him as he reaches for it.

Once we enter his office I turn to face him and cross my arms.

He smiles innocently at me.

Ugh, that smile.

"I really like your outfit." He says complimenting me.

I have to look down to remember what I am wearing.

I have on a long sleeved black crop top with blue overalls on top.

"Dude, why don't you know how to act in public??" I ask

He shrugs and takes a seat.

"Who cares?? Do you want me to tell you the stats on how likely it is for someone who knows the both of us to get us in trouble?" He says

"Doesn't matter, all I know is that it's possible." I retaliate. "I don't get how I'm the only one caring about YOUR job right now." I laugh.

"Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't know why I'm not caring either, I'm usually more responsible than this." He reasons.

I make sure to lock the door before sitting on his lap.

"Seems like you sir have a sad case of 'pussy too bomb" I put my hands up to make air quotes.