Week Two

Because I am an extremely good and productive student, I printed out my statistics homework for the week and brought out my laptop as well as my writing utensils to a study room.

I started to look over the homework, and I couldn't believe the problems that were assigned. This was extremely easy stuff. We had to find the mean, median, mode, standard deviation from various datasets. There were also datasets that we had to use to create various graphs, dot plots, bar charts, stem and leaf plots, the works.

Basically, I knew I was going to nail this. This class is going to be a breeze.

As I began to work on the worksheets, I opened my laptop because I needed to catch up on Jane the Virgin, I swear the agreement that the CW and Netflix made is the best thing since sliced bread. Before opening Netflix, I decided to check my school email because again I am an extremely good and productive student. Also because I needed to feel productive since I was about to procrastinate with Jane as a distraction.

"event, event, workshop, annoying councelor, Mason Hayes?"

Heading: Statistics 140 Introduction

I opened the email.

It read: "Hello everyone! This is Mason or Professor Hayes, I will be your Statistics TA for this quarter. Just wanted to send out a quick reminder to you all to remember to do your homework for the week. If you need any help at all do not hesitate to email me. I cannot wait to meet you all in class tomorrow!"

Ew, why did he seems to excited? No person should sound so excited to deal with 200 students. He needs to calm down.

—------------------------------ Skipping because its Wednesday my dudes.------------------------------------

First statistics discussion class. Whoop de do.

All I could think of was how happy this guy Mason sounded in his email. He better not have that same excitement in class because then I will be very annoyed with him very quickly. It's statistics, not Disneyland.

I opted for an oversized yellow sweater with a picture of Wall-e on it that made my dark skin pop and Capri leggings today. I decide to leave my dark and way too curly hair down because it has a mind of its own and because it was cold and I had no one to impress.

Besides college fashion is a joke. You're either completely hobo-chic or way too overdressed. I've found that there is no in between.

As I walked into the building where the class is supposed to be located (Adams Hall). I saw a line forming outside of the classroom. What were we waiting for? Regardless I joined the line and waited as it slowly advanced.

The guy standing in front of me reached the beginning of the line and I finally looked up from my phone to find a man dressed way too preppy. He was wearing a blue checkered button up that was tucked into black shorts. I looked down at his feet and couldn't help but roll my eyes at his shoe choice. He was wearing what I call rich guy loafers. They were black as well. I looked up at his face and that's when I heard him speak.

"Yeah! Micheal really nice to meet you, I got your email, hope I could help with that homework question." He said excitedly.

Did this dude think we were in elementary school? Why did he feel the need to introduce himself to each of us individually? He's doing the most.

I guess Micheal replied at some point because when I came out of my judgemental thoughts he was gone and the TA was staring at me expectantly.

I walked forward.

"And you areeee?" He asked.

"Feyre." I answered.

"Oh! I remember seeing your name on my list, mainly because I really struggled with pronouncing it. You said it's Feyrea?" He questioned.

"Its pronounced Fey-ruh" I clarified. "emphasis on the ruh part."

"I'll work on it, I'm Mason, you know I had a friend with a super difficult name like yours before and he was talking to me recently about how as a child it was really hard for him to learn his own name, spelling it and everything."

Why is he trying to make conversation? I just want to sit down plus I didn't struggle at all with learning my name.

"Yep."

I blanked. What did he want me to say?? What was I supposed to say?

"Yeah."

This is really awkward.

"Yeah."

Oh my God, get me out of here.

"Yep."

"Well anyway, nice meeting you."

"You too," I said, handing him my homework and then walking to a seat in the first row but also on the rightmost edge of the classroom.

That. was. mortifying.

After a few more minutes, he cleared his throat and closed the door to the classroom.

"Alright everyone, now that I've met each of you personally, let's get to work."

"Today we'll just be reviewing all the content on the homework as well as what she taught in class on Monday and Wednesday."

"Something I quickly want to note is that I have a no laptop/tablet rule in my classroom. I understand that you are college students and your laptops are your everything but I find them really distracting overall so I would just prefer if you could respect that okay?"

The class nods in agreement.

I couldn't lie, he seemed like a good teacher. Very well and clearly spoken and he managed to make constant strong eye contact.

Eventually, I zoned out like always and began to focus on his features. He was tall, a little tan and of medium build. His hair looked like it took him years to get just right because although short, it stood up on its own, a nest of dark brown. He ran his hand through it several times, I was almost convinced it was some sort of nervous tendency. That or he thought it made him look cool. Which, admittedly, it did. His eyes were a very light shade of brown and his nose and lips were truly nothing special, just a normal mid-size and shape. His jaw though was something else, it looked sculpted, every inch and curve, covered with a light stubble. I was jealous. I lifted my sight back to his eyes and found they were focused squarely on me.

Creepy.

His gaze left mine and continued moving throughout the class.

I was in no way checking him out, I was just observing my surroundings.

He continued through the lecture and I realized I needed to zone back in if I wanted to get anything written down.

"By the way, at the end of every class, we have a small quiz out of 5 on the content I covered during my lecture. It's pretty minimal but because It will take place every week so you can imagine how quickly it adds up." He announced to us.

Damn.

Consider me screwed. I check the time on my phone, it's 1:46 pm. The class is supposed to end at 2.

"I'll be lenient with the grading on this first quiz but don't expect any mercy on the rest."

He begins passing the quiz out alternating colors for people sitting next to each other. I was the only person sitting in my row.

"What color? Red or Orange?" He asked.

"I'll take Red."

"Mmm, my favorite color."

Did I ask?

"Cool," I reply instead.

He turns around and returns to his desk.

Surprisingly the quiz was easy! There was only one problem I didn't remember how to do but I did what I could and figured that missing one point wouldn't mean the end of the world.

I walked up to him to hand in my test.

"Fayare" He says.

"It's Feyre." I corrected. "If that's too difficult for you, feel free to call me Fey."

"No, that's okay, I was just kidding, I know how to say it. Besides I like Feyre. It's cute."

I smile.