Week Eight

I stand outside of his somewhat open office and stop when I overhear a conversation going on between Mason and a girl.

I start to question who it could be when I hear the girl laugh. Amanda. Definitely Amanda.

"Wow 3 years? That's awesome, you're really good at teaching. Every time I'm confused you clear it right up" Amanda tells him excitedly.

"Thanks! I'm glad I can help."

"Not to mention your overall personality, really...enticing."

Mason chuckles.

"So hey, it's a different time, I was thinking we could do lunch again?" She asks hopefully.

"Oh no! You caught me at such a bad time, I've got so much to do since It's nearing the end of the quarter."

"Oh that's too bad."

"Maybe dinner then? I'd say I'm a pretty good cook."

He smiles "That sounds like a fun time but I'm sure it wouldn't be appropriate to do so considering my position of power."

"Yeah I understand, forget I asked, but maybe lunch next time?"

"Sure, yeah, next time."

Amanda swings the door open and looks at me.

"Hi Feyre!" Her voice is loud.

"Heyyyyy Amanda."

She looks down at my neck and laughs.

"Is that a hickey?...whoa multiple hickeys?" she asks.

I follow her eyes downwards, and start panicking.

What can I say?

I burned myself with a curling iron?

No, I have naturally curly hair.

I was attacked by a pack of wolves?

That is so unreasonable.

I got beat up?

Mama ain't raise no—

"Yup, they are hickeys" I giggle shyly, moving my hand to cover it up. "fromm..." I look up to Mason who is just standing smugly waiting to see what I come up with "...my boyfriend....no...sam...Nosam."

"Nosam...weird name." Amanda comments.

"Yeah...It's Noah and Samuel put together, it's his middle and first name, he makes me say them together....it's odd. He just got really carried away and went overboard with the...hickeys...Yeah."

I'm rambling.

"He actually goes here! He's on the basketball team...yeah...he plays point guard and he's got shoot game." My volume decreasing on the last part because I realize I am talking about a vine.

Behind her, Mason facepalms.

I need to shut up.

Amanda cuts me off.

"Huh, interesting, well, see ya." She says walking away.

"Yeah, bye."

I walk into the office and close the door.

Mason bursts out laughing uncontrollably

"Nosam?" he asks.

I roll my eyes.

"I am not good under pressure."

"I can see that." He chuckles. "You could have said literally anything and the best you could come up with is Mason backwards?"