Week Nine

I'm freaking out.

I've been trying to study for my finals but I haven't even noticed how lost I am in Calculus, and the test is on Thursday.

I know Sociology on Wednesday is going to be a breeze so no worries there.

Statistics is on Friday morning so maybe I can go over a few things with Mason the night before?

But Calc is my biggest priority right now and I swear the Professor hates us all. She truly doesn't know how to teach and I've been watching a bunch of Khan Academy videos to get through it.

Because the final for stats is on Friday which is the day discussion is usually held, Mason sent out an email and canceled class to hold a 2-hour review session instead for anyone who wants to come.

I don't want to face him.

At least I know he wasn't fired because of the email I received.

I decide to go later.

After teaching myself about derivatives for a whole hour and a half, I check the time.

20 minutes until the review session ends.

I quickly pack my bag and rush to his office.

Upon entering, I meet him at his desk, putting together a stack of papers.

He looks up and completely ignores me, returning his focus back to what he was doing.

I clear my throat.

"Did you need something?" he asks, his focus still on the desk.

"No...I-I just wanted to ask you what happened last week? With that guy? Mr. Clark?"

"What about him?" He looks up at me.

"Well...did you get in trouble?"

He stands up and crosses his arms. "What do you think?"

I shrug.

He gives me a stern look.

"There are camera's in here" he points to the ceiling at black spheres in the corners of the room.

My heart drops.

"Oh my god, I am so so sorry," I say walking up to him.

He takes a step back, moving away from me.

I stop in my tracks.

"But you're still here so they're giving you a second chance?" I say hopefully.

"Just until the end of the quarter, then I have to leave."

I let out a shaky breath.

He is probably not going to be able to get any other jobs because it will stay on his record.

"I'm guessing you never got the news because if you did you'd know that you shouldn't even be here" He gives me a look of indifference.

"You can leave now."

"Mason..." I urge.

"You. can. leave. now." He says putting emphasis on each point.

I nod and turn towards the door.

He hates me.

I'm halfway down the hall with tears blocking my vision and almost out of the building when I hear his voice.

"One more thing Freya."

Oh is he going to say how much he hates me to my face now?

I consider just ignoring him and moving forward but I turn around to see him walk back into the office.