Week One

I don't want to start school. Like at all. Last quarter was a mess and this quarter is probably not going to be any better.

Running out of my dorm room, I pull up my schedule for the next 10 weeks because I suck as a student and I don't know where any of my classes are. In my defense, It's only my first year. Yes it's the spring quarter, the last quarter of my freshman year but...okay, I don't have an excuse, sue me.

Statistics. Hills hall, it reads, Room 1110.

That's all the way across campus. I check the clock. Its 8:05, the class starts at 8:10.

I can't help but shrug, Its an 8 am class, so of course I am going to be late, I bet no one will even be there on time. What kind of monster comes early or even on time to an 8am at the beginning of the quarter?

Apparently, this university is filled with monsters.

I walk into the lecture hall and there is not one seat available. I notice a line of people forming around the walls of the room.

These people are so eager to learn its actually adorable.

The professor passes out a syllabus and gives a whole spiel on the class and its overall formation.

(If you didn't think of Formation by Beyonce when I said that then I'm judging you)

She (the professor) is a pretty basic looking person. She has long, straight brown hair, green eyes and an average height. The most eye catching thing about her is her wedding ring which sits comfortably on her finger and shines brighter than my future.

Based on her overview I can tell that this class is going to be moderate in difficulty. We will have homework due every week and a quiz every week as well. 

She seems to laid back and nice, I'm probably going to like her as a professor.

"Do y'all want to have discussion this first week?" She pauses, looking around the class "I really don't think it's necessary plus we can give both you all and the TA a break"

The class shows their agreement with nods and yes's.

"Okay we just won't have discussion this week"

Scratch that, I love her.

(For those of you that are uncultured, discussion sections are like mandatory mini classes that come with lectures, they happen once a week for an hour and are taught by Teachers Assistants. Usually, discussion is used to clarify the things the professor teaches in lecture. TA's are usually called professors as well.)

I raise my eyebrow in confusion, I could've swore she said TA not TA's as in singular.

I look at the syllabus to confirm and I see that there is in fact only one. 

Mason Hayes.

Interesting.

I zone out through the rest of the class, thinking about how this quarter is going to be for me. 

Hopefully, there are good things in store.