Searching for Jokes // Connor

Pairing: Connor and Reader

Summary: You and Connor have been working together a lot along side of Hank and for some reason you're bored so you asked him to tell you some jokes.

●●●

You spun around your office chair trying to feel preoccupied. It's been quite a while since a case has interested you about deviants, most of them are now working peacefully with humans now. They have nothing to worry about.

There are still some reports that the police department receives but most of them are not compatible with what you, Connor and Hank are supposed to solve so you spend a lot of your time sitting on your own desk, typing and finishing some reports of others that they doesnt like to finish. And right now, you've finished every single one of them and now you're here spinning around your chair like a kid.

"Reports about deviants had gone down really quickly, Y/N" a soothing voice spoke up behind you, the sudden noise made you jump in surprise and stop you from spinning around.

You clutched your chest gasping, "What the hell Connor? What do you want?" You asked in frustration, you didnt like Connor startling you one bit.

"I was just trying to say that its been 90 days and 11 hours since our last serious case about these deviants and I'm beginning to get..." Connor stopped and cocked his head at the side, the LED in his temple began to blink faster.

"... bored" he finished.

When the word came out of his mouth, you raised your eyebrows and crossed your arms together. Androids can feel bored? This is new for you to hear since for the past months, when you look at Connor he always seem to be occupied with his coin a lot.

You tried to recall some days when he's playing with his coin and all you can remember is his LED flashing blue and yellow rapidly for quite a while. The sudden memory made you worry about Connor, what if he's broken? The CyberLife will take him and replace him with another Connor which is the reason why you have a lot of biocomponents in your house, you dont want him to go away.

What is the real reason?

"Is there something wrong with your program? I mean, I just noticed that your LED seems to be blinking quite a lot for the past months and I'm worrie--" You were silenced by Connor who spoke up immediately.

"I'm alright Y/N, remember that I still run a diagnose on my system everyday for precaution even after I became a deviant," Connor replied but his statement sounds unsure and his features looks troubled making you even more worried than before but you decided not to talk about it anymore.

You silently watched him processing what he feels and watch him sit on your desk as if standing up made him exhausted.

Androids doesnt get tired.

After a few minutes of silence, an idea popped into your head. The idea sounds stupid but it will make you and, you hope, Connor feel better.

You clapped your hands, gaining the android's attention you spoke, "Tell me a joke"

The LED in his temple began to blink more rapidly and turning from red to yellow, his eyebrows are furrowed together as if there is something strange on what you had just said.

You try to suppress a giggle on the way the android looks and now, he looks like a lost dog trying to make sense if he should get the ball or not.

This is why you like Connor. He seems to know everything and yet, he acts like a toddler trying to make sense of your world. Its strange to see him confused since he always kept his head held high like a stubborn human but its just when there are investigations. When he's not working in a case? His innocent mind gone lose.

"Jokes are not on my program Y/N" Connor spoke softly looking confused as ever.

This made you smile, "Of course not, you're made to help us, not entertain us" you said but this made Connor look confused so you spoke again, "So thats why I want to hear a joke from you. You're always there to protect me and Hank and you're always so uptight with yourself. Try to loosen up and tell me joke".

Connor's LED changed to blue but its still blinking as if he's searching something.

"Okay," Connor said, clasping both his hands together. He looks a lot more serious and this just made you stifle a laugh and for every passing second it's getting harder.

"You look so stupid!" You whispered but more to yourself and your smile is almost reaching your ears.

Connor ignored your comment and continued, "What is a balloon's least favorite music?" Connor asked, his LED blinking rapidly and his facial expression serious.

You try to stop yourself from laughing right there but you responded "What?" You asked.

"Pop," he said, his facial features still neutral.

You blinked, then your smile grew and you immediately erupted from laughter. To be honest, it's not the joke that you're laughing at. Its the fact that Connor, an android cop thats programmed to be serious, just searched a really corny joke

Connor watched you slapping your knee and clutching your chest harder, these actions made him analyze you and he found a rapid beating of your heart. He almost thinks that you're having a heart attack but the way you blush, smile and laugh made him think otherwise.

For some reason, the way you laugh made the humorless android chuckle.

●●●

Please leave a comment so I know what im doing wrong lmao. I hope u like it!