Chapter Twenty-One- A Wolfish Wedding

The wolves stalked through the tree line at sun up

The wolves stalked through the tree line at sun up. Josie rushed out to meet Sinclair. Other wolves trotted happily to meet their mates and families. It was like it'd been a week, not a night, but a night without one's mate was the equivalent to a week.

Sinclair bowed low, nose to the ground, as he approached Josie.

Josie grabbed the a throw and tossed it over Sinclair, allowing him to shift and not show everyone her man.

Sinclair stood to his full, Skin, height. He looked down at Josie with a knowing smile as his arms wrapped around Josie and pulled her closer. He kissed her nose gently and whispered in her ear, "Tonight."

"Tonight," She confirmed with a nervous smile as she kissed his lips thrice. He ran a thumb down her faded scar.

Josephine had nearly forgot about it. Part of her 'healing' was standing in front of a mirror and getting used to the new gash. Sinclair had a new pet name, for whenever she got too feisty, his little warrior fey.

Sinclair wrapped the blanket around Josie and held her to his side as they walked indoors. Josie wasn't even too bothered by his complete nudity. The only reason she was unsettled was because anyone could sneak a peak at him if they were watching.

"Rest until the feast!" He declared loudly and Josie squeezed his hand gently as they moved to their bedroom and Sinclair and she slept for the majority of the day. They woke up around four in the afternoon and Sinclair walked around the garden Josie.

As they strolled through the winter garden Josie told him of her trip in the labyrinth. Her eyes glistened with gleeful tears as she told him about her mother. He watched Josephine, listening intently to what she told him.

"Fin told me you were planning to get rid of it... that it was illegal?"

"Aye, I had been planning but it isn't illegal, just taboo. Legends aren't supposed to be dwelling on someone else's past. But I'll keep it, to make you happy." He said and Josie blushed before resting her head on his shoulder as her fingers interlocked with his.

"I don't want you to get in trouble..."

"I won't, little doe." He said with a chuckle.

"I don't think I need it," Josie said with a content smile. "I know my mother wouldn't want me to absorb myself in her past."

Sinclair gave Josephine an odd look, a happy look. It caused her ears to tint pink as her face heated, "What?"

"Nothing I... I just haven't seen you this happy before." He said and Josie beamed up at him. The delicious odors of beef stew, steak, and rib tips wafted towards the both of them. Josie licked her lips.

"The feast," They said simultaneously. That meant the ceremony, the mating ceremony.

Butterflies filled Josie's stomach as she kissed his hand gently.