Chapter Nineteen- Urram Gealach

Josie had tried to seduce Sinclair that night, but the stubborn 'laird' hadn't let her. Instead he had moved his sleeping chambers temporarily to a guest room. Josie had thrown a temper tantrum and ended up having a sleepover with Fin. The two had groaned whined when they got up at four in the morning to see off their mates for the hunt.

"I got up at four in the morning for this. You better bring back an entire heard of deer." Josie jokingly mumbled with sleep-swollen eyes. She gave him a tired smile and leaned up for a chaste kiss. All the men were waiting at the base of the steps for the Alpha to start the hunt.

"How about a grizzly?" He asked, "I couldno' t hurt a little doe."

Josie blushed lightly shoved his shoulder, "Shut up. As long as you bring yourself back I am happy."

Sinclair wrapped his arms around her waist and shook her lightly while nibbling on her mouth, "Tomorrow night and our waiting is over."

"Too far away, now go, shoo. Your people are waiting for you." Josie ushered him halfway down the steps. Sinclair glanced back and winked ruefully at her. Josie heart wouldn't stop fluttering.

"You big mutt," She mumbled with endearment and watched as they shifted into their beast-like wolves and disappeared into the night.

The entire house went back to sleep after the wolves disappeared. Josie herself curled up on Sinclair's side of the bed and let sleep usher away. She woke up again only a few moments before the men and women returned. 

Rising, Josie slid on a pair of sweat pants and Sinclair's oversized sweatshirt. With a pair of fuzzy socks and her hair in a bun she leaned against the window and looked out. The frost had crystalized along the corners of the window making it a perfect filter for a winter morning. The white snow had covered up any evidence that the wolves had left that morning.

Josie closed her eyes and let her mind wander to her time with Maximus. Feeling that Allurian feed off her happiness was like someone setting everything you love in a corrosive acid. It felt like her brain was dissolving. Then she forgot everything good that had happened to her 

Wincing, Josie pushed the thoughts away. Thankfully she was distracted by three wolves returning early from the hunt. Sinclair being one of them. And sure enough, Sinclair's wolf was dragging an extremely large grizzly back with him.  

Josie grinned and grabbed a winter coat before rushing down the steps. She trotted through the snow in thick snow boots towards him. The beast dropped the bear at Josie's feet.

"You've brought me a big prize," Josie said and reached out to scratch the space between his eyes. Beaming, Josie announced with pride, "You've brought me the biggest prize. No one can hunt as well as my mate."

Sinclair let out a huff and his chest bowed. He reached back down and took the grizzly by the neck and dragged it to the base of the steps. Josie walked in the clear track he left in the snow. When she grabbed his tail he turned back to look at her.

"Let's go back upstairs, you need to rest before you leave me again tonight." Josie suggested and Sinclair huffed again before transforming back to his skin before her eyes.

Josie was awe-struck. The way his body morphed and moved was like magic. His very movements were fluid and smooth till he was bare before her.

"Hey!" She shouted and slid her coat off. "Cover up! No one needs to see what's mine."

Sinclair chuckled, blood stains on his mouth and hands, "Come now little doe. I'll shower and then we'll rest."