Give Them A Chance

Hiccup's POV:

"She wants you to be her rider." I answered the question. Scy looked worried and the Hooligans were dumbfounded. "You mean ride these beasts?" Mildew asked. I sighed. "They're not beasts, Mildew. And yes she want Astrid to be her rider." I answered. It was barely a second when Snotlout decided to speak. "What makes you think that we'll ride those things." I chuckled and rubbed Stormfly's neck. "I didn't even say you could." I said walking over to Scy. "Tell them they're done for the day." I told Scy in dragonese. She looked at when with a disbelief look. "That sounds difficult to say." She said. I chuckled a little and turned to the Berkians. "Your done for today, go get rest." I said walking out with Scy following behind. "Dad." I heard Scy call. "Why not let them ride the dragons?" She asked. I stopped and turned to her. "Because they're from a violet island and they can't be trusted. Especially with the dragons." Scy then begged. "Why not give them a second chance Dad. Everyone deserves one even them." I sighed and thought for a second. "Fine." I said in Norse. "If they agree you'll teach, in Norse." I said teasingly at the end get on top of Toothless. "Do you think I'll be able to speak in Norse in 18 hours?!" She said. "You can try, and by the way if they hurt the dragons it'll be on you." And with that me and Toothless flew to the Great Mountain.

No Ones POV:

The Hooligans went outside to all talk about what Hiccup had said. "Did he really mean that? He'll won't let us ride with dragons?" Fishlegs asked. Snotlout was the first to answer. "Of course not. He hates us." "But that dragon wants Astrid to be her rider." Ruffnut added. At this point Astrid didn't even know what to do. All she's ever been taught was to kill dragons. She was confused. Gobber sat in the corner fiddling with his wooden hand, Spitelout arguing with Mildew if Hiccup would kill them and Stoick's had enough. "Quiet all of you." He yelled. All of them went quiet. "Hiccup made his choice clear that we...." Stoick never did finish his sentence once they heard a Deadly Nadder. They looked towards the dragon to see Scy on the dragons back. "I thought we were done for the day." Tuffnut complained. "You are." She said without any trouble. "You have training tomorrow." She said without trouble again. "What kind." Fishlegs asked. "Dragon training."

427 words - short but still fun to write