[7]

Everything hurts, that's what I noticed when I first came to, then I noticed the house wasn't quiet anymore I could hear loud voices, I kept my eyes closed hoping it was the police and that Sidney was okay

I felt someone put their fingers on my neck and tried to open my eyes, but they were just too heavy. "She's alive, Medic!" I moaned when my arm was nudged. "Kat! Can you hear me? Kat?" I opened my eyes slowly to see Dewey looking down at me worriedly.

"Why am I not dead" I groaned rhetorically as my back scraped against the broken glass from the coffee table. It was something my mom had bought, and it probably wouldn't be missed, not by me anyway.

"Is she okay?" I asked Dewey, knowing he would know who I was talking about,

he laughed and nodded his head at me. "Yeah, she's fine, thanks to you. I heard all about it. I figure she might not be if you weren't here".

I let out a breath and took Dewey's open hand when the medic came to get me. "Does this hurt?" a medic asked, pushing on the back of my neck gently.

I groaned. "I was thrown through a glass table. My everything hurts," I sniffed, pushing the medic back as I stood shakily while being told off for standing by the paramedic.

A red blanket was draped over my shoulders as I was helped outside, where I saw Sidney sitting in an ambulance and Billy being handcuffed. "I didn't do anything! Sid... where's Sid? Ask her, she'll tell ya..." Billy yelled as he was forcibly grabbed.

What was Billy doing here?.

He wouldn't have been the one to hurt us, "Billy?" I whispered to him quietly, watching as he looked me quickly as a paramedic put a medical pad to my bleeding head as Billy turned at the sound of my voice.

"Kat! Are you okay?" He questioned, looking at me, relieved as I nodded slowly. "Tell them I wouldn't have done this," the officers pulled on his arm again. "Please, Kat!" he called desperately as the officers walked him to the car roughly.

I looked to Dewey and shook my head in disbelief. "He wouldn't have done this, Dewey. He wouldn't hurt Sidney or me."

Dewey looked at me sadly when Sheriff Burke steps out of his car. "We got him, Sheriff. Billy Loomis," I felt the medic retake my arm and lead me to the ambulance where Sidney sat.

"Kat?" She gasped, grabbing on to me and crying into my shoulder, "I thought you were..."

I just nodded, knowing what she was trying to say "Takes more than a masked killer to off me" I grinned as the medic helped me into the ambulance.

I looked at her silently while the medic patched me up. She was watching the carnage outside of our house, looking heartbroken, "Do you really think he would have done this?" Sid shrugged, pulling what looks like Dewey's coat around her shoulders tighter.

"He was here, Kat" I nodded but still wouldn't believe that Billy would hurt me like this.

"Okay," I acknowledged quietly as we both sat in silence, watching the squad car take Billy away.

"Thank you... again" I glanced back at my sister, and I knew she was thanking me for saving her again, just like last year.

"Well, at least I won't get arrested this time," I joked as she gave me a faint smile.

"I don't think I ever really thanked you for that," Sidney admitted as I shrugged. she was right. I got sent to juvie, and she never actually thanked me for protecting her.

"no need, we're family. I look after my own," I explained, giving her a false smile.

I straightened up when I saw Dewey and Sheriff Burke walking towards us. "We're seeing a lot of you two today" we both nod, trying to smile. "You gonna be able to come down to the station and talk to us a bit?" Sidney nodded.

They all looked at me as I bit my lip, shrugging, "Yeah, sure, but not too long. I still have a job to get to".

Dewey looked at the Sheriff, who gave me a nod as Tatum come barreling past all the officers. "What happened? Oh, God..." Tatum rushes to Sidney, grabbing hold of her, and then looked at me

"Don't even think about it," I told her as she gave me a soft glare.

Dewey looked at his little sister, confused. "What are you doing here?" Tatum ignored him like she usually does. She doesn't deserve a good brother like Dewey.

"Oh, God, Sid, I'm sorry I was late," she said, fussing over Sid.

"You can't be here, Tatum. This is an official crime scene," Dewey explained as Tatum turned, giving him a look.

"It's okay. She was supposed to pick me up," Sidney tells Dewey, obviously sensing the same tension I was.

"Their dad's out of town. Sid's staying with us."

Dewey looked at her, surprised. "Does mom know?" Tatum laughed at him mockingly

"Yes, you doofus," Dewey nodded and cringed at the nickname given to him by his kid sister.

Dewey turned to look at me thoughtfully. "What about you, Kat, where are you staying? Don't you have any friends to stay with?"

I looked at him, expressionless, "No. She's dead" I saw Dewey's face turn a little red, remembering about Casey's death as the girls both looked at their feet.

Two news vans come driving up the street as I let out a heavy sigh. "The vultures are coming. Let's get you out of here," Sidney and I climb out of the ambulance.

"Jesus," I exclaim as my back clicks, making me grimace.

Tatum takes Sidney under her arm as we walk to the squad cars. "Girls, why don't you both ride with Deputy Dewey, and I'll meet you there" Sid and I both nodded simultaneously and got into the car with Dewey just as Gale gets out of her van.

🔪

A big, white news van comes to a stop in front of the Prescott house, The side door slides open, and Gale Weathers hops out just in time to see Sidney and Katherine being escorted to a squad car. "I'll be damned."

Jumping from the driver's seat is Kenny, Gale's cameraman. "What? What?" Gale looks at him in annoyance. He was taking too long for her preference.

"Jesus! The camera-hurry!" But it's too late; the Prescott twins are as good as gone.

Gale sees Tatum moving quickly to her car. "Excuse me?" Tatum looks up to see Gale Weathers rushing over to her. "Was that Sidney and Katherine Prescott they took away?"

Tatum shrugs, uncaring, but Gale wasn't stupid. She knew this girl was friends with Sidney. "I don't know" Tatum hops in her car, ignoring her.

"What happened to them?" Gale persisted following the blonde teen, remembering how beat up Katherine looked

"I'm not talking to you," Tatum's car peels out as Kenny comes running up with his camera.

"Where'd they go?" Gale spins around, flashing her pearly whites like an angry lioness, ready to feast on her next meal, which wasn't far from the truth. Gale wasn't known for her kindness.

"Look, Kenny, I know you're about fifty pounds overweight, but when I say hurry, please interpret that as... MOVE YOUR FAT TUB OF LARD ASS NOW!" Gale screams at her cameraman before she moves back to the van, leaving Kenny scowling.