[6]

I woke up hearing a ringing noise and realized I must have fallen asleep

I woke up hearing a ringing noise and realized I must have fallen asleep. Picking up the phone, I glanced at my clock, and my eyes widened when I saw what time it was. I was definitely late for work.

Answering the phone, I grimaced, knowing it was probably my boss. I wonder if I would get told off for being late. "Hello? Kat?" Clive spoke through the phone.

"Hey Clive, sorry I'm late..." I rushed out while putting on my works clothes, knowing he wouldn't be that mad at me, but I knew I shouldn't push my luck by being extra late.

"Don't worry, Katherine, I heard what happened to your friend on the news," he said as my stomach dropped, I had forgotten about Casey being murdered again.

"I'm sorry, but I can't give you time off, so just get here when you get here. See you soon, kiddo" I put the phone back and grabbed my converse, running down the stairs.

Hearing the phone ring again, I ignore it knowing Sid will pick it up.

Sitting on the bottom of the stairs, I tied my shoes quickly as I saw Sidney storming towards me "Why didn't you wake me?" I shouted to her as she passed me and opened the front door with the phone to her ear, looking pissed.

That obviously wasn't Clive again.

I raised my eyebrow when she stuck her finger up her nose "Good try, Randy. Tell Tatum to hurry. Bye now"

I rolled my eyes randy could be such an idiot sometimes "What's going on?" I questioned as I stood ready to grab my bag from the closet.

Sidney freeze and turned to me. I saw the fear in her eyes before anger clouded them. "FUCK YOU! YOU CRETIN!" Sidney slammed the door shut and turned terrified again when the closet door swung open.

A black figure rams into Sid's side, making her crash to the ground screaming in fear as the figure looms above her with a knife "Sidney!" I yell, running over and knocking the figure off of my sister, "Run!" I shouted at her.

Sidney jumps up and runs to the stairs as I watch in disbelief "Not the stairs," I call, knowing we both always said that we would run for the front door, not run up the stairs, but people do weird things in dire situations.

I turn to see the masked figure get up slowly and hesitate when they see me it almost looks like the figure froze as did I, what if this was the person who killed my best friend so callously and now it was here for my sister and me.

"Fucker!" I shouted, jumping onto the figure, sending us both to the ground of my living room, but I had the upper hand and began to deliver angry punches. The figure pushed me off of them with little effort.

Putting my hand on our coffee table, I pushed myself back up and took no time in attacking again. I wouldn't go down easy; I will fight to the end. The ghost figure seemed to anticipate my move and caught me in their arms.