Chapter Twenty: Just one Yesterday

That hour together was the best thing ever. We both forgot about classes, I forgot about my parents, Ymir, all that shit..until my phone rang. Mom read the screen and my head droppend. I answered the phone with a shy hello. Mom started to speak to me in french and it was hard to understand a damn word that woman was saying but then I heard it. "We're coming out tomorrow." I got up out of Marco's arms and walked into the hallway, leaving the kid confused."Wait. You can't-Mom my place is a mess! N-no. Not like that-Mom! Damnit im not ready for you to come on Wednesday!" I hiss and she just sighs and says "see you soon. Love you bye". And then it ended. I walked back into room and sigh "I gotta go Marco".

Bott sat up quickly and blushed brightly"Um, alright, I'll see you later for sure right?". I nod and kiss his lips softly "yeah I'll be back" I grab my jacket and step out of the room, quickly walking down the hall and dialing Ymir's number.

It took me five trys to get a hold of Ymir, she finally answered and you could hear Krista giggling in the background. I pushed away my thought of what they might be doing and I just jumped to the chase. "Ymir my parents are coming tomorrow. You have to be ready to be here okay?" My voice was rough as I told here what to do and Ymir just laughed "Calm down Jean, you have your panties in a bundle". I scoff and roll my eyes,cut off before I could say anything. "Okay. I'll be in the parking lot by Marco's car . You and pull me around to where ever you need to be got it?". I sigh and look outside. "Got it... don't you fucken back out on me". She snorts softly "I won't, I'll be there". Ymir hung up and I put my phone into my pocket, moving back to the room, I soon barge in and Marco sits up frantically with ruby red cheeks .

"J-Jean? Your back?". I look over him,he was on my bed with my Ipod playing Fall Out Boy out loud. "Is that the song Where did the party go?" I ask, blowing his queston off, with a chuckle. He pauses it and nods"mhm. Sorry..I didn't know you where coming back so soon.". I look at Freckles and smile, snatching up my Ipod, I plug it into the little speakers we had and played the song. The bass was up and thumping softly as Patrick Stumps voice carried out though the room. I layed beside Marco and tapped my hand to the beat on the bed. "Wanna go out for coffee?" I ask in the middle of humming. Marco raises a brow before grinning "yeah,I would love too!...as long as you promise to get something with more flavour than straight black coffee". He smirks at me and I huff softly"fine, I promise",Marco chuckles in victory and kisses my cheek,"okay. I'll go out for coffee with you".

We listened to FOB for a good hour or so before going. We both looked similar, beanies, hoodies, and our hands together. Marco was wearing one of my hoodies and I didn't mind all to much. Our drive was silent beside the music playing, Fall out Boy, Panic! At the disco, Muse, and some awkward country music. The some Ready to go by Panic! Finished a random MCR song came on and that got Marco off gaurd "what the hell?" He asks with raised eyebrows and I change the song quickly "s-sorry, I have some of my sisters music on here," marco then laughs "I honestly thought you and your family would listen to hardcore instrumental".

We finally arrived at the coffee shop and I was pleased with standing I the tiny line and soon we had come to the front. The man asked the typical "welcome to Starbucks, what can I make you today?". It took me less than a second to answer and I leaned over the counter to tell him"Black coffee please, make sure the lid is on and shows no trace of the drink". The guy laughed and nodded "name?". "Jean" I replied and stepped out of the way for Marco. Freckles ordered a sweet Chai tea. I like that and he always tasted amazing after drinking one. Marco and I sat at a small table in the back of the shop. I took a drink but quickly gaged "f-fuck, it's hot" I gasp softly as I stick my tongue out. Marco chuckles softly and leans over the table, looking around, then kisses me. "There, better?". My heart jumped and I nodded" yeah, im good. Thanks." I look down and take a pen out of my pocket and I begin doodling on my napkin that I had grabbed for no reason. Marco sighs and sips his drink "Any plans for tomorrow night?" He asks with a shy smile and I slowly look up from the napkin to meet his eyes "u-uh. Yeah. Mom and dad are comin out for a few hours so im gonna be with them. Sorry." My mind was racing over the horrible things that could go wrong with tomorrow but I try to focus on Marco. "Why do you ask?", I raise a brow and Marco shrugs "I don't know, I just wanted to go out for pizza or something. Maybe go bowling." He laughs then takes a drink of his own drink. I swallow and nod "okay, yeah, sorry..". " it's okay Jean, I invited Ymir and Krista " Freckles smiles and my stomach drops 'oh god, there's her name'. Marco suddenly frowns "Jean,are you alright?" He asks looking in my eyes"you look a little pale babe". 'Im so screwed if this all goes wrong' was all I could think.