Volume 9

CHAPTER NINE
STAR GAZING

◇─◇──◇────◇────◇────◇─◇

    "Wanna go somewhere?" He asked me

"Wanna go somewhere?" He asked me. I was still quite upset that he acted cold towards me when Toni sat with us. Then when she left, he was the caring and funny Sweet Pea that I knew. I shrugged and adverted my gaze to somewhere else than him. He grabbed my hand again and led me outside. He walked over to one of the many Harley Davidson's. "I'm not sitting on that bike." I stated. "Why not?" I gaped at him for a few seconds. Some of his jet black hair strands were slouched over his eye. His other eye was still a bit blue thanks to the 'Bulldogs vs Serpents' fight. His dark brown eyes bored into mine. I just now noticed that he had a tattoo on his right thumb — two diagonal lines. "Because it's dangerous!" He rolled his eyes. "Don't be such a princess and hop on, Rug-Rat."

I folded my arms across my chest. He rolled his eyes again. "I'll buy you some food if you hop on the bike." He said while extending his arm to me. He held a helmet in his hand. A wide smile crept up on my face. I walked towards him, took the helmet and put it on. I hoisted my leg over the back and wrapped my arms around his waist. He changed the gear, pressed down on throttle and before I could blink, we were speeding off. "Not so fast!" I yelled in horror.

"You yelling in my ear is only going to make me go faster, Jimmy." He proclaimed. I smirked slightly. "I like hearing my name in your mouth. You should say it more often." I whispered semi-seductively in his ear. I am quite a shy girl but as soon as I am comfortable with you, I'm crazy as hell. He chuckled lowly. "Calm down, Rug-Rat. Don't start something you can't finish." I laughed.

"Thank you." I frowned when I heard his comment. "For what, Sweets?" "For letting me make you laugh." At this point, if we weren't riding at 120 miles per hour, I would melt. "I should be the one thanking you. But you're welcome Sweet Pea."

He slowed down and rode up a barren field. He stopped in the middle of the field and stepped off his bike. We took off our helmets. He leaned against the bike and adverted his gaze to the sky full of stars. I followed his stare. "This is kind of cliche, but the stars make me feel good about myself." He stated while continuing his gaze. "Why don't you feel good about yourself in the first place?" He sighed and lowered his head. "I don't want to get into details but.. sometimes I think that my parents despise me because I joined the Serpents. I want to feel bad about joining them, but I can't and don't. They have been more of a family to me than my own parents. I feel like I don't deserve the Serpents."

I placed my hand on his. "You are worthy of love and have the right to love Sweets. Everyone has. Even the baddest person on this earth still deserves love. Nobody has the right to tell anyone that their love for another human being is morally wrong. I know that you're hurt but love is the only thing that is going to fix that." He raised his head and met my piercing gaze. "I think I need to assign you as my therapist." He joked. A laugh escaped from my parted lips. "That would be an absolute nightmare." "Why? I'm really good at venting." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right." He playfully pushed me, making me almost fall off his bike. I pushed him back. My push didn't seem to phase him as he didn't move one inch.

She seemed slightly embarrassed by her fail. I pulled her closer to me. She slightly looked up. She wasn't short but not that tall either. I place my hand on the right side of her face. She leaned into my palm. The view that was before me was captivating. She was.. extraordinarily. She was so beautiful. I realized, I didn't need to die to see heaven. I moved closed to her — our lips brushing against each other. She closed her brown orbs, bracing herself for the kiss. Her blushed cheeks were covered in few freckles. Her lips were like the soft ridges of dunes in the desert at sunset; like the crests of waves meeting in the frothy rush to shore; like the folded wings of courting birds. In brief words, amazing.

I reduced the space between us. I placed my lips on hers, softly kissing her. I didn't want to kiss her like I kissed other girls — rough and with no emotions. I wanted to kiss her differently, because she was different. My thumb caressed her rosy cheek. I felt her hands resting on my chest. Her phone vibrated. I pulled away. "Leave it be." She stated as she leaned in for another kiss. I entered my world of happiness again as she smashed her lips on mine. Not long after, her phone vibrated again. "You have to pick it up, Jimmy. What if it's important?" She rolled her eyes and pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"Hello?" "Honey, where are you? I'm back home. I wanted to wait longer for you but I miss you. Can you come home?" Her mother's voice spoke from the speaker. "Yeah, sure. I'll be home in a few." She hung up and sighed. "My mom is back from Seattle. I have to go home. Can you drop me off after we get my food?" She asked with a mischievous smirk plastered on her face. "Fine. Remember me to never promise you food." She laughed. "I'll try, if I want to."

He slowed down as we reached my house. "Thank you for everything Rug-Rat." "You're welcome Sweets. And thank you for bringing me to that field tonight. It was beautiful." He smiled. "It's my duty to keep you insane." "It sure is." I pecked him on the cheek. "Goodnight, Sweet Pea." "Goodnight, Rug-Rat." I turned around and entered my house. I heard him speed off. I smiled and slid out of my jacket. It was probably creepy that no one was in my presence and yet, I was smiling like a psycho. But I was genuinely happy. "Who was that boy you were kissing, Jimmy?!" My mother semi-yelled as she emerged out of the kitchen. I hung my jacket on the coat rack.

"Why were you spying on me? Don't you remember your own rules? 'Don't ask me what I'm doing in my private time, for I won't ask you?'" She scoffed. "How dare you talk to your mother like that, JJ? Who was the boy!?" I frowned at her attitude. She never acted like this. "His name is Sweet Pea." "You're 15 Jimmy! Why are you dealing with boys right now? You know they only want one thing from you!" I started to get annoyed. "Sweet Pea is different, mom." "I don't care if Green Bean is different, he is using you. That's what men do. How old is he?"

"17." She placed her hands on her hips. "17? I don't want you dealing with Serpents! Break up with him." I frowned. I never told her that Sweet Pea was a Serpent. It was also too dark for her to see the logo on his jacket. "How do you know that he's a Serpent?" She swallowed nervously. I watched her intently. Her attitude went from confident and angry to nervous and unsure. "I-I saw his jacket. You know that the Serpents aren't unfamiliar in Riverdale." I folded my arms across my chest. "I don't believe you but I'll let it slide. I'm going to my room because I'm not in the mood right now." "I made dinner!" I raced up the stairs. "Not hungry!" I yelled from upstairs.