Volume 2

CHAPTER TWO
THE CONVERSATION

◇─◇──◇────◇────◇────◇─◇

    I raced through the halls of school just to find this one teacher

    I raced through the halls of school just to find this one teacher. This one annoying teacher. I opened the door to the classroom and dropped the stacks of paper on her desk. "Just on time. Next time you need to be early if you want to pass this grade." Mrs. Welby stated. I plastered a fake smile on my face. "Of course. I apologize. Have a great day!"

"So I have a surprise for you guys!" I said as I walked into the common room. They all looked up at the sound of my voice. "I can attend your party now V! I finished my reports earlier than I expected." They all looked at me with uninterested expressions. "That was your surprise? I thought you had food or something." Jughead said. I rolled my eyes and flopped on the chair. "The dress code is white."

I twisted my body to lie on the couch and picked up a magazine. "Thanks for the reminder Veronica. I will remind myself not to come in white." I teased.

—————- Ξ —————-

"Hey Jay." Brittany greeted as she placed her handbag on the table and sat next to me. "Hey B. How are you doing?" I had met Brittany during soccer practice — Veronica first begged me to join her cheerleading team but I strongly refused and joined the girls soccer team. "I can't stand Reggie sometimes!" I rolled my eyes as soon as I heard his name. "Here we go again." I mumbled. Soon after, she began her rant on how Reggie flirted with other girls while they were hooking up.

My mind wandered back to the guy I saw at the Whyte Wyrm. His brooding eyes popped into my mind. His muscular shoulders, the tattoo on his neck that made him look dangerous but attractive, his tall frame.. everything about him was perfect — so perfect, that I sometimes wondered if it was a dream or not.

—————- Ξ —————-

"What's in the bag dad?!" Jughead shouted. "None of your business boy!" "It is my business dad! I started all of this.. let me finish it." Jughead pleaded with FP. A sigh escaped from my parted lips. I knew that this was about the Peabody woman. I haven't met her yet — or seen her, but I already knew about the problems she caused when it came to favors.

I twisted the door knob and walked into the living room where the arguing pair where situated. "Is everything alright?" I asked as softly as possible, not wanting to sound like a curious little sh*t. "Yes everything's fine." FP answered. "No everything is not fine!" "Jughead, stop butting heads with me! Go to Veronica's party and enjoy yourself like a typical teenager would and let me handle this." FP sternly demanded.

I noticed that he opened his mouth to protest again so I quickly grabbed him by his arm and dragged him out of the trailer. "Bye FP!" I shouted before I closed the door. I turned my attention to Jughead. "Jug, I don't know what the situation exactly with your dad is but.. sometimes you've got to listen to him and just lay back." He frowned deeply. "Exactly. You don't know anything so don't interfere!" He said before walking off to the other trailers.

He was probably getting his other Serpent friends to come join V's party. I waited at FP's truck and played with the keys in my hand.

After I've waited 20 minutes, I get fed up and walk towards the trailer Jughead entered. I pounced on the door a few times. Loud laughter was heard. It quieted down when I knocked. Not long after a tanned guy with a low cut opened the door. "What are you doing here Northsider?" He asked with his lip curled in disgust. I rolled my eyes. "Where is Jughead and are you coming to the party or not!? I've been waiting for 20 minutes now."

He chuckled. "Jughead is here. But we're not going to a Northsider's party." A loud sigh escaped my parted lips. "Must you be so childish everytime?!" He raised an eyebrow and proceeded to try and shut the door in my face. I quickly placed my foot in the doorway. "Jughead f*cking Jones!" I shouted as I pushed the guy aside, stepping into the trailer.

A girl with pink, Jughead and the Mysterious guy sat on the couch, talking to each other. When they noticed my presence they looked up at me in confusion. "What are you doing here Jimmy?" "You ran off, remember? Are you going to the party or not?" He shook his head. "No, I'm sorry. I'm just not in the mood to party after the situation of me and my dad." I sighed, threw his dads keys to him and turned around to leave. "Well, I'm going home then." "Don't go Northside girl. Stay. Or are you to scared to hang out with some Serpents?" A raspy voice spoke.

I twisted my body and saw the mysterious guy looking at me. "Excuse me?" I asked in astonishment, not wanting to believe that a guy like him — a very, very, very attractive guy, asked me to hang with him. Well.. and his friends.

"You heard me. I said stay." I walked over to the couch and sat on the arm. I noticed the girl eyeing me, examining me. I didn't think much of it since the Serpents didn't trust people quickly. "So, as I was saying, how do we get Peabody to leave us alone?" "I'll talk to her don't worry." He told Jughead as his eyes were still on me. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. The feeling that I felt was unexplainable. It was like his brown eyes stared deeply into my soul and I felt.. exposed. I couldn't take his deep stare anymore and finally broke the gaze.

"Do you think that it'll work, Sweet Pea?" He nodded. "She always listens to me. I'm gonna check if she's already here. I'll be right back." He stood up and gave me a longing look before strutting out of the trailer.

"What is that between you two?" The pink haired girl asked me with a grin on her lips. I frowned. "With me and who?" She scoffed. "With you and Sweet Pea genius. Is there some sexual tension between you two because I've seen you two stare at each other like you wanted to tear each other up." I gulped. "S-sexual tension? No.. no! I just- I don't know." They chuckled. "I see it too Jimmy. Are you in to him?" Jughead asked. "I don't even know him."

They raised their eyebrows. Like I was saved by the bell, the door opened. "Peabody wants to talk to you two." Sweet Pea said as he walked over the fridge, grabbing a can of beer. "Let's go." Toni motioned to Jughead. They left the trailer leaving me and the mysterious guy — Sweet Pea, alone. I awkwardly shifted on the couch while fiddling with my fingers. "Nervous?" His raspy voice spoke. He flopped into the couch next to me. "No."

We sat next to each other in silence — the only sound being Sweet Pea gulping down the beer. I decided to spark up a conversation. "Is Sweet Pea your real name?" His head turned my way. He licked his pink lips. "Yes. Is your real name Jimmy?" He chuckled slightly while asking. "Yes it is.."

"Could you tell me a little more about yourself?" He asked. It shocked me slightly that he wanted to know about me. "Uh, my name is Jimmy Bouchard. My favorite color is blue and.. my hobbies are playing soccer and sleeping." He frowned. "Soccer?" "Yeah. Why are you surprised" "You struck me like the cheerleading type." A laugh escaped my lips. "I get that a lot. Cheerleading is the most cringeyest thing alive." Another laugh erupted from his lips. His pearly white teeth showed. His eyes were closed and little wrinkles surrounded it. His smile was priceless.

"Is this your trailer?" I asked while making myself comfortable in his couch, noticing that I finally felt calm and confident in his presence. "Yeah. Why? Is it too broken down for your taste, Rug-Rat?" I rolled my eyes at his comment. "No. I asked because I kind of like it. It's tiny but cozy. But I said I kind of like it. Don't get on your high horse yet." I joked.

He looked back at me and smiled.