Same Love

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" — Author, Ernest J. Gaines.

     "I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole."  — Morgan Freeman.

     "When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free." — Barack Obama                              

                                                             ♡ = ♡

     In honor of LGBTQIA+ Pride Month, I wanted to voice my love and support to all who's a part of this extraordinary community. Through all the pain; through all the violence; and, through all the animosity . . . It's love and acceptance that's needed most!

     Because where there's love, there's acceptance; and, where there's acceptance, there's equality.

     Firstly, I would like to say just how much respect I hold for everyone who identifies as LGBTQ+ And, I truly admire you for all your strength, courage, and resilience

     Firstly, I would like to say just how much respect I hold for everyone who identifies as LGBTQ+ And, I truly admire you for all your strength, courage, and resilience. It's inspired me to be myself, and to fight for what I believe in; so, Thank You!! ♡

     Being a Christian myself, I get extraordinarily adamant when other believers say things like, "Hate the sin, love the sinner." Or, "Marraige is between a man and a woman!" Or, "You're what God made you!" It's just not right! 

     Being LGBTQ+ is NOT a sin! How could love be considered a sin!? I believe that God's favorite thing to see is love, as well as acceptance; and, if you're rude or discriminatory against the LGBTQ+ community, then you're the sinner not them. The Bible explicitly states that: "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."

     Moreover, if you believe that everyone's made by the hands of God, then you're also saying that He made a mistake by making someone who's Trans or Gay.

     Another claim that people try to make is that people choose to be LGBTQ+, which couldn't be any further from the truth. Just like Type 1 Diabetes, along with any other congenital desease, people are born this way; and they CAN'T change. Besides, being a part of this community only adds challenges. Why would someone consciously choose to live with something that only induces discrimination, heartache, and a lack of confidence? That'd be like me choosing to be blind. It's just not logical.

     Wouldn't you agree that being LGBTQ+ is difficult? Because it is! With all of the violence, unequality and judgement surrounding being LGBTQ, everyday's a challenge. It's confusing, and society doesn't make it any easier.

     I believe that everyone deserves to be treated equal, no matter who they are or whom they love! Everyone deserves love! And, how could you get upset over love! Love is just what our world needs! And, to love yourself is just as important!

     Be yourself! Love yourself! Accept others, and love others! 

     Thank you!!