~17~

After me and Dean had our cute little morning, at exactly 11:00 my phone started to ring and I got a good 5 text messages at once. I ran to my phone not knowing who it was and the very second I picked my phone up, It stopped ringing.

And that's when my heart stopped.

Mom

 12 missed calls

My breathing got heavy and it worsened when I scrolled down past all of Jazzs drunk texts about me and Dean and then her sober concerned ones that she sent at 10:52. 

8 minutes ago

Jazz- Answer immediately 

 Then I came across the text from my mom.

5 minutes ago

Mom- I'm at your apartment where are you?

And as I picked up the phone with a lie in mind, my phone buzzed again.

Now

Jazz- I came to you place, and your mom is with me.

Now 

Jazz- Bitch what do i doooo??

My heart was beating a mile a minute.

I didn't have any clothes besides the ones I wore to the beach yesterday and those were wet and in the wash.

And all of my actual girl friends were a 20 minute drive if not hungover in bed. And I didn't have time to waste like that.

The only thing I had to wear was Deans clothes and that was not a good look at all.

Coming home at 11:30 in the morning, and dressed in a guys clothes?

Hmmmm can you say, exactly how a mom wants their daughter to turn out?

I take a deep breathe and click my moms name . My heart is beating a mile a minute as I wait for her to pick up.

" Magnolia, where are you right now?" I can here the sternness in her voice already.

" I'm at the store."

" But your car is still here."

" I walked."

" You hate doing anything active."

" I'm on a diet." I knew that at that moment I gave myself away because if my mom knew anything about me, she knew that I thought that diets were BS.

" So I'm going to ask you one more time, where are you? And if you lie again, I will track you down and embarrass you." She had that stern tone in her voice that every child feared.  Then the worst happened.

" Hey , Maggie your clothes are done!" Dean yells unnecessarily loud as he comes into the room with my clothes in his hand.

I looked at him in utter terror and he looked confused asf.

"Who the hell was that?!" My mom yells at me, making me hold the phone away from my ear. I smack my head at Dean blowing any chance that I had of lying to my mom.

" I stopped by my friends house." I hoped she'd buy it.

"Jasmine is here, so what are you talking about." Woow my mom really tried to diss me like that.

At this point, I knew I had to be honest or I'd get my ass beat the next time I saw my mom. I took a deep breathe and looked at Dean who was quietly sitting on the bed, looking at me, questioning who I was on the phone with.