6 | Garden Picnic

Jongin came with Junmyeon to Kyungsoo's place and it seemed like they were the earliest ones seeing there weren't other vehicles aside from Junmyeon's and Kyungsoo's. Opening the door, Jongin unbuckled himself and dropped out the car. Going to the backseat, Jongin pulled out the large water container (filled with water infused with lemon and sweetened with honey) and made his way to Kyungsoo's front door. Junmyeon followed closely behind after taking out the tray full of pastries.

Balancing the pastries with one hand, Junmyeon rang the doorbell and only moments later Kyungsoo welcomed them in. The two followed the hopping rabbit to the garden where the long picnic table was almost filled with food and a few decorations here and there.

Placing down the food and drink they brought at the empty spots of the table, the two then looked at Kyungsoo, who had hopped inside, probably still finishing up on his other dishes. Taking a seat at the end of the table, Junmyeon's eyes then began to wander around the spacious garden filled with vegetable plots and even (probably) a few dozen trees, which are already bearing fruits and a small pond. Feeling relatively tired from the activities he did the day before, the bear sat next to his best friend and rested his head on Junmyeon's shoulders.

Laughing at the state of his favourite bear, Junmyeon simply lets Jongin try to rest against him knowing all too well he'd need the rest before the arrival of the loud bunch. "Did you stay up again?" Junmyeon asked softly and Jongin replied with a yes-like soft hum.

Slowly dozing off, Jongin managed to get a good fifteen minutes of power nap as he found comfort in the cosy warmth of Junmyeon's shoulder. 

With the sound of soft winds slowly being drowned away by the ruckus of the rest of the gang (primarily from Chanyeol), Jongin pushed himself away from Junmyeon and let out a long hearty yawn. 

"Had a good sleep?" Junmyeon asked. The bear mumbled as he rubbed his drowsy eyes, "I think I'd take another nap under that tree over there after we eat."

Junmyeon chuckled as he got up from his seat and welcomed the others. As Jongin tried to settle down his sleepiness by staring into the rustling leaves, Baekhyun came and sat next to him. "Did you have another honey hunting dream?" the piglet asked and the bear giggled in response. Without even answering Baekhyun's question, Jongin welcomed the piglet, "It looks like my best friend has arrived!"

"What does that make me?" Chanyeol suddenly cut in as he jumped in front of the duo. "Hello, Chanyeol!" the bear greeted the tigger and a moment later the tigger pulled the bear up from his seat, enthusiastically urging the bear to jump with him.

Before long, Sehun joined in and they were jumping in circles. Junmyeon, now sitting next to Jongdae, stifle out waves of laughter at the sight — specifically at how the fluffy bear was trying to catch up with the joey and tigger.

Minseok broke out into a small smile as he was helping Kyungsoo fill up the plates with all the variety of foods and sweets they all brought. Even the usual absentminded Yixing (in between chewing on some of the salad) couldn't help but put his focus on the trio and smile widely.

"Come on piglet, join us!" Chanyeol spoke as he beckoned Baekhyun to join in the jumping circle. But the piglet only shook his head with widened eyes. "Okay you three, let's eat before the food goes all cold," Kyungsoo called them out but it only made Chanyeol jump even more. The tigger slightly rebel, "Jumping is good to build up an appetite so we could enjoy the food better!"

"I have never read anything like that. I'd say that's a very tigger way of thinking," Minseok spoke and received a joyful reply from Chanyeol, "It isn't like you to compliment me, Minseok!" Shaking his head at the carefree interpretation, Minseok sat down and began eating.

With a plate of cookies in hand, he called out for his joey, "Sehun, come and eat. Junmyeon and Jongin brought your favourite cookies!" And within an instant, the joey let go of the bear and tigger, sending the two to the ground as he ran for the cookies.

"Ouch!" screamed Jongin and Chanyeol, both landing on their butts.

All eyes were on the two and the cookie Sehun was holding fell to the ground. Looking at each other, Jongin and Chanyeol chuckled as Chanyeol swung his arm across Jongin's shoulders. Their giggles spread to the mouth of the rest and the garden began to be filled with laughter.

Carrying his plate with him, Junmyeon went and sat on the ground next to Jongin. Baekhyun followed suit and sat next to Chanyeol, who instantly side-hugged the small piglet.

"The picnic feels much nicer on the grass," Junmyeon said jokingly as he looked at Jongin slowly munching on the honeycomb biscuit.

Jongin finishes his biscuit and looked up to the sky, a wide smile on his face, "Any picnic feels nicer when it's with the ones you love being with."