4 | Books, A 'Bear' Friend

Minseok had always been the one to wake up early, and today wasn't an exception. Straight after making his bed and washing up, he went to the kitchen and to make himself a cup of coffee.

Grabbing two capsules from the rack at the edge of the island, he plugged in the coffee machine and turned it on. Placing a cup under the machine and pulling out the capsule compartment, he yawned—mostly because he stayed up compiling a reading list.

Placing the compartment down, he stretched his limbs as he lets out another yawn. Cracking his knuckles, he took back the compartment, placed a capsule in it and pushed it back into the machine. Adjusting the amount of water he needed, his coffee was soon to come after a push of a button.

As his coffee poured down, he pulled out his phone from his pocket and started to compose a message.

You can come straight to my place, I'll make coffee and some light breakfast.

As soon as he sent the message, he placed down his phone and took out the coffee capsule and placed the milk capsule in the compartment. Readjusting the amount of water, with the push of a button the milk dripped into the coffee.

Rhythmically, he tapped his fingers on the island as he waited for his coffee to be done. Once his cup was filled, he picked it up and headed to the living room. Placing the cup on the coffee table, he dropped down on the couch and reached for the novel he had been reading at the edge of the couch.

Enveloping himself in the story as it twists his imagination and engulfing himself deep into the plot, he didn't realize he had gone through 30 pages of the story until the doorbell pulled him out of the world he dived into.

Placing the book on the table and taking a few gulps of his coffee, he hurried to the door. Unlocking it, he was welcomed with a smiling Junmyeon holding what seemed to be food from the nearby takeout place. "Here you go, your favourite from your favourite shop," Junmyeon spoke, handing over the food which Minseok delightfully accepted.

Making his way to the kitchen to place the food down, Minseok then busied himself with another cup of coffee for Junmyeon. Being used to coming to Minseok's, Junmyeon went straight to the living room and dropped himself right where Minseok had sat.

Eyes fell onto the novel, Junmyeon took it and read the summary. From the kitchen, Minseok could hear Junmyeon's shouting, "Looks like you've found another interesting novel."

"Well, I had to take a break from all the factual books, a fantasy novel was a good read to freshen up my brain," Minseok chuckled as he replied. "You should try read the ones I suggested to you," Minseok's voice came through Junmyeon's ears clearer as the owl brought coffee for his guest.

"I will. You don't have to worry," Junmyeon replied only to have the owl raise a brow. "Like you said, books are a 'bear' friend of the mind."

"You surely aren't getting any good at puns, are you?" Minseok giggled at the failed of a pun he heard. "Well, at least the silly bear enjoys it," Junmyeon replied and the two of them sipped on the coffee as their conversation moved to more serious matters.