Camp Half-Blood

Percy's POV

"Annabeth!" I screamed. 

I was sure it was her. With her unique shade of blonde hair, and the way it curls, who else would it be?

When I approached her, she turned around revealing a tear streaked face. Trudging towards me, Annabeth pulls me into a bone crushing hug. In muffled whispers, she exclaims that everyone in the camp was dead. I pulled her closer to me if that was even physically possible, placing one arm around her waist, the other gently stroking her head.  

"Shhh, it's ok. I don't know what happened, but we can figure this out afterward," I try to soothe Annabeth by drawing circles around her back with the palm of my hand. Once her body visibly loosens, I step back to look her in the eyes. 

Next thing I know, Annabeth grabs my right arm and judo flips me. As my back came in contact with the ground, I rolled over and somehow managed to end up with a mouthful of burnt grass. In a coughing fit, I disgustedly spat the grass out and smiled a bit.

"That's my Annabeth," I whisper, just quietly to where she wouldn't hear it.  

As always, I knew it was coming, but for some reason I just stand there looking like a fool, before landing on the ground with a loud thud. I playfully curse myself for repeating the same mistake more than twice. 

"That was for coming to find me. Now leave me alone," Annabeth's facial expression contorted into annoyance as she stalked away. 

Snapping our of my daze, I spring up and catch up to her, reaching for her hand. 

"Let me explain," 

Annabeth looked around, then eyed her watch. "Fine. You have 2 minutes, hurry up," 

"Ok, remember that time when Lacy came to this camp and I "fell in love" with her?" I asked.

Annabeth's face hardened as she nodded. At that look, my insides got a little nervous so I speed mu speech up a bit so she wouldn't have to kick my ass. 

"There was something I didn't have the opportunity to tell you. I was so busy thinking of ways to make up for what I did, I missed an important detail that I needed to confront you about,"

"I'm listening." Her sudden interest in my words, took off some of the pressure I was holding in. 

"Lacy put me under a love spell," I explained. 

"You knew her didn't you. She was that Queen of Emprosia girl. She was the one that threatened to ruined your life if you didn't help Kronos in the war." I told her. "But you didn't,"

"How did you know? I was alone," Annabeth took a step back from me. 

"I don't know what happened, but when I got to Camp Half-Blood, I had flashbacks of your life. The moments you never told me about," I took a step closer to Annabeth. I could see her sharply inhale with each step I took.

"But, I understand Annabeth. I finally understand you," I run one hand through my hair and look her dead straight in the eyes. "Your consciousness told you. The same mechanism that had been built up right after Luke turned. A defense mechanism that would automatically tell you, I was danger, " I told her then paused. I waited for her to say something. Say I was right. Say I was wrong. Just say something. But she didn't, so I continued. "But I'm not. I'm not and will never become to like Luke, nor will I become him." At this point I had made my way to her body. Gripping both shoulders with my hands, I'm a good head taller than she is. 

"As long as we are together. I will forever be your Seaweed Brain," I finished. I angled my head down to still be able to look her in the eyes, my breath fanning her face. 

"I shouldn't have doubted you, I'm sorry" Annabeth let out a breath. Her beautiful grey eyes captivated mine. Before I could move, Annabeth pulled me into a tight hug, squeezing all the air out of my lungs. 

"Uh hu. Blubb, mndf, ughhrf. Uh." I replied. 

She let go of me and raised her eyebrows. "Just because I hug you doesn't mean you have the permission to talk nonsense to me!"

"Uh hu!" I gasped for air.

"Man, Annie. You hug tight," I say in between huffs. 

A smile grew on her face as she punched me playfully on the arm. I feigned hurt as I messaged my arm, pouting my lips at her. 

"You're going to wish you hadn't done that!" I stand up straight and Annabeth's eyes become wide, her grin becoming wider. I suddenly sprint after her. She's fast, but I'm faster. I let her run for a little bit more, capturing this memory in my head. 

When I caught up to her, I grab into her waist and pull her against my chest. She giggles, then her head pulls back and her body shakes with laughter. She turns around to look at me, and I join in with her. As we sober up, she scans our surroundings and places her hands on her hips. 

"Well," She said. "What do we do about this?" She gestured to camp. 

"I don't know. Have any plans genius?" I smirked. 

Demigod out!

Hoped you liked it!

Phoebe Blackwood!