Flashback #2

Annabeth's POV

I watched the boy clasped on to the rock falling into a deep slumber. 

Soon, he was peacefully snoring when I heard distant shouts. My heart rate increased, my breathing rapid as I hoped for the boy's sake that it wasn't those vile guards that had come to imprison him once again. 

As the sound of footsteps became louder and louder, three men appeared in the clearing, allowing me to exhale a lengthy breath I had been holding in. As they neared the boy and I, the moonlight shone on their faces, enhancing their features. All three of them had dark eyes and hair, their locks naturally curly.

Age wore on faces giving off the impression they were in their late 30s. I was still analysing them when they had noticed the boy, who the quickly rushed over to. They inspected him, scanning over his body for any visible injuries. 

Coming to the conclusion that there was nothing out of the ordinary about his body, they placed him in their arms and carried him back to the place they called home. 

The image changed once again, plopping me down, right in the middle of a busy road. Vehicles drove swiftly through me, reminding me I was only a ghost in this lost memory. 

Skimming through the traffic, I caught a glimpse of the men and the boy. Turning around to follow them, I noticed they stopped at a house, knocked three times, then entered without being allowed in. 

Inside the house, living room was almost barren except for the lone brown couch which matched the color of the rest of its surroundings. The boy was immediately placed on it while one of the men called for a doctor. 

The doctor had surprisingly arrived at the house in the time span of only ten minutes. They informed him about how they had found the boy as well as when and where. 

Stepping aside, they let the doctor do a simple checkup on the boy who slept through the whole procedure. The doctor confirmed that the child was in perfect health, collected his pay, and went on his way. 

It didn't take them very long to discuss what they were to do with the boy, so they picked him up once again and drove him to an orphanage. They then gave the boy the only thing he could hold onto for the rest of his life. A name. 

They named him Jake.

Now Jake was 15 years old and had some friends by the name of Caleb, Andy, and Ashton.

As the years pasted, the four boys did everything together from showering to sleeping. They would keep each other company while the rest of the children slowly disappeared, gaining new homes and families. This fact didn't bother the boys much as they were oddly comfortable living their childhood years in the orphanage. 

One night when they had decided to break the orphanage's bedtime curfew yet once again, a group of soldiers raided the town. Jake had seen them attack in the horizon, their strategy horrifyingly familiar as soon as he recognised who they were. 

They were the same people that had separated Jake from his true family and he knew it. 

Jake quickly ushered his friends to pack a small portion of food and their most valuable belongings and escape, only to fall straight back into the hands of the enemy. 

Marched right back to the place Jake had hoped he had escaped forever, he noticed that nobody had recognised him, giving him a grain of hope. 

He and his friends went through the same procedure he had went through, as he thought to himself, nothing had changed. 

A while back, Jake and his friends had picked up sign language as a hobby which was proven useful when Jake communicated to him friends in the camp. In sign language, he told them to keep their mouths shut and to trust him on this one. 

After doing so, one of he guards ordered him to stop making weird movements which proved how little brain cells they had after all. 

That night, Jake filled them in on where they were, and the escape plan that would be perfectly executed the next night. All the little details had to be planed to precision.  

The only thing that stood in their way that day, was their survival the next. 

Woken up at 4 the next day, they set out bright and early, only surviving on the little food they were provided. 

At lunchtime, Aston, Andy and Caleb had found a hole just big enough for them to escape in, anyone bigger than them would would have gotten stuck. 

Before Jake had the chance to tell them that on the other side of the hole, there were guards just waiting for someone to try to escape so they could practice their twisted entertainment on them, they disappeared with ease. 

One second they vanished, and the next, terrified and painful screams arouse in the air, signifying that they had been caught. Vile laughter came afterwards. For now, they had found poor souls to torture. 

At night when they didn't return, Jake plucked up the courage to ask a pacing guard where his friends had gone, only to be answered by a horrific set of words. 

"They're in a better place now called Hell." The guard snarled at Jake, making him shrink back into the darkness of his own cell. 

Tears welled up in his eyes but he forced them away, a stone cold expression replaced his heartbroken one.

Another long year pasted, when another army invaded the camp, setting all the hostages free.

Jake decided to join the army which had set him free, swearing to rise in power until he could destroy each and every descendant of Lord Kronos, for his army was the one that had killed his only friends and family he ever had.  

Becoming the head of Eris's army would usually take a person years to accomplish, but with the hard work and motive Jake possessed, he was able to take that title in only six months. 

(Eris was the sister of Aries, god of war. She is the goddess of chaos, strife, and discord.)

A sound exploded all around me, blasting my eardrums which made me a little dizzy, but it brought me back to reality. 

I rushed to the arena just in time to see a boy touch the ground, his lips moving to mutter something under his breath. 

Oh no not again. 

I thought as I blanked out.

Demigod out!

Hoped you liked it!

Phoebe Blackwood!

Demigods Meet the Avengersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें