Acceptance - Mother!Regina Mills

Heyo, it's been a while I know. School is just crazy busy right now and I need to do a lot to finish the year in the last coming weeks. So, I won't publish much. But when my summer vacation starts I'll write as much as I can.

This imagine is written on the idea of being scared to tell parents about your sexuality and I made the reader bisexual, if you're not just pretend that you are for this imagine or fill in a different thing that you think would make your parents so mad that they would kick you out of the house if they knew that.

Also, happy pride month to everybody who is celebrating!

[Y/N] POV.

I walked into my house after school and saw my mother and Henry sitting on the couch. Henry was playing one of his videogames. I put my bag on the stairs and walked into the living room.

"Hey!" They both didn't look up, but they greeted me at least. I sat down on the small couch that was standing next to the bigger one on which mom and Henry were sitting on. Henry was explaining his video game to mom and she showed a lot of interest in him. I wish she showed that much interest in me.

I was four when she adopted Henry and back then I loved to have a little brother. But then she started to pay more attention to him and she made sure that he was okay every second of the day. And the more she cared for him, the less she cared for me. Since the curse is broken she does everything to make him stay with her, but while she kept him close, I drifted away from her.

But at this moment, the last few months, I really needed her to be there for me. I realized that I'm bisexual a few months ago and I wanted to tell mom about my struggles, but I'm scared. Scared that she won't accept me and kick me out of the house. I stood up from the couch and walked up the stairs to my room. I dropped myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes.

I plugged my earphones into my phone and blasted some music into my ears. I closed my eyes and hummed along with the lyrics. Slowly I drifted of into a deep slumber.

I was running down the streets of Storybrooke. Mom's voice echoes in my head. 'LEAVE, YOU FAGGOT!' 'I NEVER LOVED YOU!' Tears were streaming down my cheeks, while I ran towards the town line. When I reached it, I took one look back to the town. No one was there and no one will be. 'DID YOU EVER THINK THAT I WOULD ACCEPT YOU?' I turned back to the town line and took a step to it. 'JUST LEAVE ALREADY!' I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes again and crossed the town line. As soon as both of my feet were over the town line, everything turned black.

I woke up with tears on my face and my body was covered in sweat. My room was dark and when I looked outside is saw that the moon was out already. My music had stopped playing and I looked at the time on my phone, midnight. The voices in my dream were right, mom would never accept me. Maybe it's better to leave. I got up from my bed, put some of my stuff in my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I quietly walked down the stairs and wrote a note saying that I was leaving and why. I left it on the table and took one last look at the house. I walked out of the door and tried to close it as quiet as possible.

The walk to the town line felt like hours and with each step I took, I felt more lonely. The voices from my dream rang through my ears and I looked at the red line.

"[Y/N]! Wait, don't do it!" I turned around to the sudden voice and saw mom stepping out of her car. She was out of breath and had a look full of panic on her face. In her hand she held a piece of paper, probably my note.

"Please, [Y/N]. Don't leave!" She ran towards me and pulled me away from the town line. "I'm so sorry..." She hugged me tightly and tears started to roll down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry that I made you feel this way!"

"I'm sorry too, mom..." She shook her head and caressed my arms.

"You don't have to be sorry! I just didn't realise that I pushed you away..."

"Mom, can we go home and talk there? It's kinda cold." She nodded and we laughed softly, both wiping our tears away. We got in the car and mom drove us home, where we sat down on the couch with a hot choco.

"So, you're okay with it?" I said after I took a sip from my hot choco.

"Ofcourse I'm okay with it! You're my child and I accept you in the way you are!" A smile grew on my lips and I hugged her.

"Thank you, mom!" She smiled and pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"So, tell me about your crush!" I laughed and blushed a bit. "Come on! Who is it?" I shook my head and told her about my crush, we talked about [him/her] until we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

Thanks for reading! I hope that you liked it!

Don't forget to request something if you want to.

Xx