Protector - Mulan

[Y/n] Pov.

I was wandering through the garden of my castle. My kingdom is in great danger as the ogres are coming closer to us. We've lost a lot of men who fought against them. I sat down on the white bench that stood in the middle of the garden. The red and pink roses growing around the place made it look sweet. The doors of the palace opened and some of my guards walked out with a knight.

"Queen, we've got one of the best knights with us. Maybe she can help us fight the ogres." I stood up and walked to them. I looked at her and smiled. She seems like a strong girl. "Can you leave us, please? So that we can talk?" My guards nodded and walked inside.

"I'm Mulan." I looked up at the knight. "I've heard of you. They say you are the best." She laughed and we sat down on the bench where I just sat. "You're palace looks lovely!" "Thank you."

"So, I hope you can help us fight the ogres." She nodded. "I will. But I need some of your army. I can't beat them on my own." "Ofcourse!" We stood up and walked inside my palace. I lead Mulan to all of the men who will fight with her. "Everyone, this is Mulan. She will lead you in the fight against the ogres." She smiled at me. "I need to do some business." She nodded and I walked towards my room.

Since I've met Mulan she doesn't leave my mind. I can't eat normal, my concentration is gone and my can't sleep most of the nights. I was still laying in bed as I was realy tired. I traced the patterns of the covers when I knock on my door made me look up. "Queen [y/n], Mulan and the men are back from the ogre war. Mulan likes to speak to you." I sat up and wrapped my cloak around me. "Let her in if she is here." A few moments later the door opened and Mulan came in.

"Hey Mulan!" She smiled and closed the door behind her. "The mission went well, majesty. The ogres are killed and none of the soldiers died." I smiled at her. "Thank you, Mulan. For helping my kingdom. If you need anything, the door is always open for you." She bowed a little as I yawned. She saw me and chuckled a little. "I'm sor-" "Don't be! I just didn't have a great sleep last night." She walked towards me and sat down on the edge of the bed. "How come?" I leaned back in my pillow. "I was worried." "About who? Do you care about one of the soldiers?" I shook my head and looked down at my hands. "Ofcourse I care about them. But I was worried about... you." I felt her eyes on me. "About me? Why?" "I was worried I would never see you again.."

"But I'm still alive so you don't have to be worried anymore." I smiled and shifted a bit more to her. "Can you lay with me for a while? I don't like to be alone..." she nodded and layed with me under the covers. I layed my head on her shoulder. I closed my eyes and my breath became softer. "I'll stay with you, majesty." "Please, don't call me that... I hate that name. Just call me [y/n]." "Okay, I'll." She placed a kiss on my head and layed her hand on my arm. Not so soon after sleep consumed me.

I was woken up by a loud yell. I shot up and because of my movements Mulan woke up to. "What's wrong?" "I don't know..." The door was opened with a loud bang. One of the guards stood there with blood flowing down from his leg. "We're under attack....the Evil Queen...is here..." he fell down on the floor. Mulan grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bed.

"Grab his sword!" I took the sword from my guard and look at Mulan. "I haven’t used a sword that often..." she nodded. "Stay behind me." We ran out of my room and Mulan killed some of the Evil Queen's guards. "Why does she want you?" I shrugged my shoulders and ran further towards the secret exit. "Watch out!" I turned around and saw a guard running towards me. I blocked him and stabbed him in the stomach. "Well done!" Mulan looked at me. "Thank you!" We ran outside and towards the woods. After some time we stopped running and sat down on a fallen tree.   "What did you do to her?" I looked up at Mulan. "Sorry?" "The Evil Queen, why does she hate you?" I looked down at the ground. "I'm one of the reasons her true love died." Mulan wrapped one of her arms around my shoulder. "I'll help you escape from her." I looked up at her in confusion "You don't have to do that. She will come after you to!" She grabbed my hand. "Then we will ran from her together." She leaned in and I did to. Slowly our kiss got a bit rougher, but then she parted our lips. "I love you, [y/n]." "I love you to, Mulan!" I rested my forehead against hers. "Oh and you'll need a bit of swordfight training." We both laughed and shared another short but sweet kiss.

This was a request for Once_Upon_A_Glade I hope you liked it. If you have any requests you can send them to me and I'll write them.
Xx