The Dark One - Regina Mills

[Y/n] Pov.

The darkness was surrounding Regina as she looked at me with fear in her eyes. I won't let the darkness get into her! I grabbed the dagger from the ground and held it in the darkness. It circled around my arm and then around my whole body. "No!! [Y/N]!!" Suddenly everything went black.

When I opened my eyes, a green forest was around me. I was dressed in a long, grey cape. I walked a bit around until I saw...Rumplestiltskin? "Hello, dearie!" I frowned at his look as he looked like a crocodile. "What do you want from me?" He laughed and shook his head. "You need to accept that you're the dark one now. And I'm here to help you!" He said with a cocky grin on his face. I sighed. "I don't want to use dark magic! I became the dark one to protect Regina!"

"Love is selfdestruction." How does he know I'm in love with Regina? Is it that obvious? "How do I get back to Storybrooke?" "Just think about where you want to be and close your eyes. But...change your clothes.. You look like the peasant you once were." I told him to shut up and thought of Storybrooke. I closed my eyes and when I opened my eyes I was in my house in Storybrooke.

I changed into my favorite dress and looked at myself in the mirror. Behind me stood Rumplestiltskin. Is he seriously following me around? "You remember when you hung out with Henry and Regina last week?" I turned around and looked at him. "They didn't want to. Just like your mother didn't want you. That's why she left you!" Tears formed in my eyes and they fell down on the carpet. "SHUT UP AND LEAVE!!!" I covered my ears with my hands and closed my eyes.

The thought of my mother didn't leave me alone and the rage inside me grew bigger and bigger by the moment. I was walking on the streets of Storybrooke when I bumped into Henry. "Get out of my way!!" He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. "[Y/n]?" I used my magic to choke him. "Please..stop.." I looked at my hand and tried to stop my magic. "I..can't.." Someone pushed me to the ground which made my magic stop from the sudden movement.

I looked up and saw Hook standing there. He helped Henry up and shook his head at me. They walked away and I sat up. "Don't tell me you didn't like the feeling of the darkness." I turned my head to see Rumplestiltskin again. "Why can't you just leave me alone?!?!?!" I got up from the ground and made my way home. I sat on my couch and combed my hand through my hair.

How can I fix this? How can the darkness finally be destroyed? Well, as long as Storybrooke is save I don't mind having it in me. But I can't control it like I thought. I heard a hard knock on my door. Who could that be? I made my way to the white, wooden door and opened it. Regina stood in front of me with rage in her eyes.

"What did you do to my son?" She pushed me inside my house and stepped closer to me. "Leave my family and the people in Storybrooke alone!!" I nodded and she turned around. "Regina?" My voice was just above a whisper, but it was heard. She turned around. "I thought you cared about me and my family. Guess I was wrong." She walked out the door and slammed the door shut. I flinched as the slam was really loud.

I went upstairs as I didn't feel comfortable in this dress anymore. I looked through my closet and grabbed a set of leather clothes. I put them on and shiverd of the coldness from the leather. I walked downstairs when thoughts came in my mind. You'll be alone for the rest of your life. People are afraid of you, that's why they leave you. Remember when dad told you that he loved you? He lied. He left with mom that night.

I was brought back from my thoughts when I heard glass shatter. I looked around and saw that the whole livingroom was a mess. The couch was ripped and the table was in pieces. The glass was out of the windowframes and was spread over the floor. Did I do this? Regina is right, I need to leave her family alone. All I can do is hurt them. I'm not a good person..I never was... Will I be a good person when I destroy the dark magic? There has to be a way to defeat the darkness forever and protect the town people.

I made my way to the library and went inside. Belle looked up from the book that she was reading and she put her hands up in defence. "I'm not here to hurt you." She sighed in relief and closed her book. "Then what are you here for?" I looked at the books. "I need a spellbook." She quickly got up and walked to the spellbook section. "Here they are!" She smiled nervously and I walked over to her. "Thank you, Belle. I knew I could count on you!" A book caught my eye, I grabbed it and walked over to a table that was standing in the middle of the bookshelfs.

I searched through the pages, but I couldn't find anything on how the darkness can be destroyed. I sighed and put the book back in it's place. I grabbed the other books and searched through them. Nothing... "Belle?" I heard her shoes on the floor and she made her way to me. "Do you know anything about dark magic?" She frowned, but nodded. She disappeard and came back with a book.

"Can I borrow it?" I took a better look at it and saw that it had a dark star on it. "Yeah, ofcourse! What do you need it for?" "Just a project I'm working on." She just nodded and I quickly made my way home with the book. I spent the whole night trying to find a way to defeat the darkness. Around 4.00 am I finally found it.

I needed to poison the dagger with a special potion. And then..then I need to stab myself so the poison can reach the darkness in my body. The only thing is that I won't survive. But who would care? Everyone left me, like always. I closed my eyes and thought of the dagger. When I opened my eyes it was in my hands. Now I need to make the potion. It's just pure light but I don't know how to get that... I layed on my bed and tried to think of how I could make the potion.

WAIT!! I HAVE IT!! I need something from Emma. As she is "pure" light. I made my way to Emma's house and searched for something that could make a potion. After a while I found her comb with a few hairs on it. I got them of the comb, went home and made the potion.

I covered the dagger in the potion. My hands were shaking and I couldn't think straight anymore. Do it now [y/n]. This is your chance at saving Storybrooke and it's people. This is the reason you became the dark one, to save the people you love. I turned the dagger towards me and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes when a voice made me look up.

"Don't do it...please, I don't know why you are doing this, but don't do it." Regina stood in the doorframe. I shook my head. "I'm sorry, Regina. I need to do this..." I stabbed myself with the dagger. "[Y/n] no!!" I fell on the ground and Regina ran over to me. The potion burned in my body. "Why did you do this?" She grabbed my hand. "Not like you would care..." "Ofcourse I care!!" I laughed, but stopped as my body hurt to much. She stood up and grabbed her phone. "I'll call Emma. She will know what to do!"

"Regina, don't. I did this for all of you, the darkness will be destroyed when I die. So, that's what I'm doing right now. Just don't leave me..." tears rolled down on my cheeks and I got hold of her hand with a thight grip. She shook her head. "There has to be another way..." "It's okay, Regina. I deserve this. I'm a monster." Tears began to fall down from her cheeks. "You're not a monster! Who told you that?" My eyes got heavier by the moment and the grip on her hand slowly faded. "Everyone..." I closed my eyes and felt my body get lighter. My life flashed before me, all the good moments but also the bad ones.

It was pitch black for a moment before I felt something on my lips. It...woke me up? I opened my eyes and saw Regina hovered over me. She smiled when she saw that I'm still alive. I don't feel the darkness anymore... What? How did that happen? Where is the dagger? "You did it!! You destroyed the darkness!!" Regina hugged me. "And you saved me!"

I hope the story didn't get to sad... but anyway I hope you liked it and if you have any requests you can send them to me.
xx