Kim Bum

I punched in the code to her apartment and stepped inside.

"Thea are you home?" I called out as I removed my shoes.

"Thea?" I called again. Looking around her small apartment.

*Where is she?*

I opened the door to her bedroom.

"깜짝이야! - (kkam jjag i ya! - You surprised me!)" I exclaimed as I stare at her face.

My girlfriend of 3 years , her hair on a messy bun. Wearing her large glasses and a tissue on her nose?

"Yah... what happened?" I grabbed her face and looking at it closely.

"I fell." She simply said.

"What?! Where?"

She pointed at where her chair and curtains lying in the floor.

I sighed.

"Yah... did you try to put the curtains up again? I told you don't do that."

"It's too dusty. I had too.. " she pouted.

I love her. I really do. But she can be really frustrating. She knows she's accident prone. But she had to go and do all sorts of things!

"Come on..." I led her to her bed. I gently took the tissue out and threw it in the bin and examined her face.

"Good thing you didn't break your nose. It's bruise though." I said.

"Are you mad?"

I didn't answer...

"You are mad...." she bowed her head and looked at her hands on her lap.

"Please don't be mad baby..."

"You're so frustrating." I finally said.

"I know."

"You know you fall down easily. You stumble just by mere walking! But then you go and stood on a chair and... " I sighed.

"What if it's not your nose huh? What if you broke something else? Or worst?"

"Don't be mad... 제발... (jebal... - please...)" she whispered.

I sighed again.

I looked at her teary eyes and it just broke my heart.

I took her hands from her lap and held it tight.

"I'm not mad. I was... I was just scared. Something bad can really happen to you... and then what will happen to me huh? Are you ok to see me sad if you get hurt?"

I brushed my thumb across her cheeks.

"I know.. I'm not around much.. I'm sorry. But I'll try harder. Ok? Just promise me... you have to be careful."

"Yah... I only fell of a chair. It's not I'm going to die or something."

"With you clumsiness. It's not far from happening."

"Maybe you should find someone else then. Someone who is not all thumbs like me." She pouted.

I laughed.

"How can I? When I'm drawn to you.. Yah... We've been together for 3 years. If I wanted someone else. I should have left you a long time ago."

"Hmp."

"We can't change the fact you're clumsy. You're born like that. But we can change something else..."

"Huh?"

"I'll protect you."

She just looked at me.

"I'll watch over you. If you need something from the top shelf. I'll get it for you. If you need to run because you're late. I'll carry and run for you. I'll do all the chores in the house. I'll cook for you. Wash dishes and clean. I'll mop and wipe anything for you. Heck I'll even do the laundry for you."

"Yah! Im not invalid you know."

"What I'm trying to say is...I'll take care of you..."

I pulled her to me and place her on my lap.

"What do you say huh?"

"It's a good offer. How much would you ask for?" She teased.

"Be Mrs Kim Bum..."