Jang Keun-suk

There was a ringing on my door bell at 3 in the morning. Whoever they are they will pay!

"What the Hell do.... Marie?! What are you doing here?" I looked at my bestfriend outside my apartment. She didn't answer. Instead she ran to me and hugged me tight. She started to cry uncontrollaby.

I held on to her as tight.

"Yah.. what's wrong? Marie? Tell me?"

She didn't answer.

"Yah... talk to me. You're scaring me. "

I pushed her lightly and nobody prepared me for what I saw.

There was a forming bruise on her cheek. Her lip was bleeding. Her blouse has a big tear.

"What the hell happened to you?!"

"James...."

As soon as she said his name. I knew exactly what happened. My hold on her shoulder tightened.

"Where is he?"

"No.. Don't"

"그 개자식은 어디 있니? (geu gaejasig-eun eodi issni? -where is that bastard?!" I yelled.

Marie winced in fear.

나는 그를 죽일거야. (naneun geuleul jug-ilgeoya. - I'm going to kill him.)

I let her go and started for the door. She grabbed my arm.

"Please don't!"

"You're still defending him!? After what he did to you!?

"I'm not!"

"Then let me kill that bastard!"

"I don't want to be alone!"

She slumped down at the floor and cried harder. I was at her side in an instant.

"Please don't leave me alone... please. I beg you..."

I took her in my arm and held on tight. I started crying too.. that bastard destroyed her.

*I'll make him pay.*

-----------------------

Marie cried for a long time. Sun was already out when I carried her to my room to sleep.
I cleaned her bruise and cuts. I pulled up her sleeves and gasped. She has angry marks that's already bruising. I saw a fingerprint on her neck too!

*Bastard!*

I stormed out of my room. I threw everything I can get hold. I punched my kitchen wall out of anger.

I took my keys from the table.

------------------------

"Sir you can't come in there. Please sir!"

I slammed the door to his office and nearly run to him. As soon as I reached him I punched him hard.

His secretary screamed.

"I'm gonna kill you!" I grabbed his collar and pulled him up and punched him again and again.

Securities came and pulled me off him.

"Bastard! I'm gonna kill you! If you ever come near Marie again I swear I'm gonna kill you!"

I yelled as I was being dragged outside his office.

He held his hand up.

"She'll come back to me. They always do. She'll be back by tonight."

"That't never gonna happen. If you come near her or even look at her again. You're gonna regret it!"

"Aren't you tired of this one sided love? No matter what you do. She'll never look at you the way she looks at me. What? Didn't you think I don't know? She's the only who seems not aware of what you feel for her. "

I was dumbstrucked. He walked to me.

"You will always be on the side line. She will never love you back. She will always be mine. No matter how I treat her. Areaso?"

I tried to fight off the hold. He just smirked at me then he punched me on the guts.

"Take him out. "

I continued to yell and kick as I was dragged off from his office.

"You're gonna pay for this! "

---------------------------

I slam the door as soon I was home. I found Marie sitting on the couch. She stood up immediately as soon as she saw me.

"Where were you?"

I did'nt answer.

"Where were you Keun-Suk?! Answer me!" She screamed.

"I paid him a visit." I simply said.

"Why?" She whispered.

I sat down the couch and placed my face on my palm.

She sat in front of me. She took my hand and held it.

"Why? I said don't do anything. "

"I didn't do anything."

She hugged her knee and started to cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...." she said between her sobs.

"Baby.. why are you sorry? That bastard doesn't deserve you!"

"Why does this always happened to me? Am I curse?!" She looked at me with those sad eyes of hers. It breaks my heart to see her in pain.
How can someone so gentle be in so much pain.

I pulled her up and placed her on my lap. I held her tight as she cried herself to sleep.

"I won't leave you... I'm never gonna leave you.."