S i x

"What?!" Marinette gasped, hearing the news about their class being the only survivors. Adrien sighed, and continued to struggle while starting the fire.

Maybe if Marinette and I brought our kwamis, Adrien thought to himself, we could have saved the day.

Adrien hesitated before trying to start up the fire one last time. "I feel like a failure."

Marinette raised an eyebrow at him. "Adrien, if your meaning we couldn't save the day, it wasn't our faults. It wasn't our kwamis either. It was a coincidence."

"I guess," Adrien finally agreed with his girlfriend. The blue haired girl smiled.

Ms. Bustier interrupted them. "Class, we need to set up for the night. Buddy up for your 'roommate'."

Adrien and Marinette nodded at each other and held hands tightly. Chloé ran up to Adrien and tried to pull him away from Marinette to be her partner. Adrien refused and kissed Marinette on the cheek.

"I have an idea!" Max announced randomly to the class. The class turned to look at him.

"I say we should have a shelter building contest," Max continued, pushing up his glasses. "Then whoever has the best shelter wins food!"

"So basically hunger games?" Lila asked, fear showing in her eyes, but also disapproval.

Max nodded. "Yep! Though, for participation, everybody gets a grape." He tossed out grapes to everybody.

"Where in god's name did you get those grapes from?" Kim asked Max, in confusion, but also grateful.

"Oh, from my backpack." Max pointed to his little bag. "It was all I had."

"Ah." Kim replied, munching on the grape. Ms. Bustier finished eating her grape and cleared her throat.

"Class, I agree with Max. Also, we'll do it based on voting. If the class votes yours as the best, you get food. If the class votes yours as the worst, you have to get the whole class food for the next five days." Ms. Bustier announced, the whole class eventually agreeing on Max's competition.

"Let the games begin!" Alix announced, and everybody started to gather supplies.

"I have an idea," Adrien whispered to Marinette. Marinette was now all ears to her boyfriend.

"Let's build a hut," Adrien continued, pointing to the trees with large leaves on them. Marinette smiled and agreed with him.

"You gather the leaves, and I'll gather some tree trunks and tree stumps." Marinette placed a hand on his shoulder and then went off to go find her materials.

"C'mon, I wanted to look for the tree trunks to impress you," Adrien muttered to himself, heading into the opposite direction.

Marinette searched for the perfect place to start. There was a little half circle in the middle of a few trees. "Perfect!" She exclaimed, drawing a line in the sand to mark her territory.

(A/N: Here's the little map from a bird's eye point of view where Adrien and Marinette are gonna set up their hut:

It's kinda bad, but whatever. Let's get back into the story, shall we?)

She began to construct a makeshift ax, using rock off the shore and wood from trees. Marinette then proceeded to chop down trees and pile them on their territory.

Adrien walked over with huge leaves and nodded to Marinette.

"Let's get this thing started," she muttered to herself.