CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5: Facing Reality

Jin's POV

We were all sitting in the huge living room. On my right there was Namjoon and on my left a confused Jungkook.

He grew into a big man...

It was just like expected... quiet and awkward. The boys that used to fight over who can speak first were now too scared to open their mouths.

Suga was casually on his phone while Taehyung just kept on looking at the ground. Jimin was helping Jihoon out in the kitchen. I realized that I had to speak up as the oldest.

"It's been... a long time.", I said with a weak voice.

But the only one answering was Jungkook with a simple "yes". The others just continued to ignore it.

"I knew this was gonna happen.", Namjoon whispered in my ear. "Namjoon, please. We are one of the older ones, we'll handle the situation very well.", I answered him in the same whispering tone.

Jihoon and Jimin finally came back with food "My fiance cooked a few cakes and brownies and stuff. Please don't be shy and have a few bites.", Jihoon said putting the plates down on the table.

He sat down together with Jimin realizing the tense atmosphere. He cleared his throat before speaking up.

"I welcome you guys to my party. It's an honor that all of you came so I am really thankful. I was worried but you guys didn't leave me hanging.", he smiled.

But no one answered.

"So...yeah. How about we introduce each other?", he said. All of us confused. "Introduce? I grew up with these guys.", Jimin spoke.

"No, you didn't. For this party I want all of us to be strangers. We never heard of each other and met at this party. This will help us to forget about the past and focus on the present.", Jihoon explained.

I think that's a good idea...

"So who wants to start?"

There was a clearly annoyed sigh coming from Yoongi who finally laid his phone down.

"I'll start then!", I said.

"My name is Kim Seok Jin but you can just call me Jin and I am 25 years old. I live together with my boyfriend in Seoul and love cooking and food."

"Okay, thank you so much. Nice to meet you Jin!", Jihoon smiled. "Please go on."

"Oh...I am Kim Namjoon and 23 years old. I work at an engineering company and yeah... my boyfriend is Jin... and...that's it."

"My name is Park Jimin and I am 22 years old. Currently I am a solo singer..."

Right Jimin debuted solo... I almost forgot... I wonder if it's going well.

"My name is Jeon Jungkook and I am 20 years old and...mar-I mean...that's it."

Yoongi and Taehyung didn't speak up. Yoongi gave everyone an annoyed look and Taehyung still didn't look up.