Chapter 5: Ming

Bump. Bump.

I feel my body shift from side to side until my head hits the window seal. I open my eyes and see a most unpleasant sight. "Ai'Yo you better not wreck my baby. I just got her looking pretty."

"Pretty my ass. If you are talking about those gaudy looking rims, they are drop dead ugly. I told you to get the other ones. And do I have much of a choice here. You passed out on me. Geeze Ming, if you were in this bad of condition you shouldn't be have been driving."

"Aho~ that's the thanks I get for looking for you all night."

"And if you passed out while driving. How were you going to be of any help to me?" he asks with a 'are you freaking kidding me' tone.

"Ok," I raise my hands up in surrender. "Sorry about that. Did I miss anything after passing out?"

"No, but good thing P'Kit was there to help me get your heavy butt into the car."

"P'Kit? Someone you know?"

"We just met this morning, well kinda. I ran into him last night, but we officially met this morning. So I know him, but only a little." And I have no idea what my friend is talking about. I better stop him now, or he will keep rambling on. He does that a lot. Not caring if the other person is following the conversation or not.

"Where are we heading?" I ask to change the topic.

"To your house of course, you're running a fever. I already stopped at the convenience store to grab you some medicine. And what the hell happened to your face? Was it a fight? You told me you wouldn't get into any more fights, especially when I'm not around to stop you from taking it too far."

"If I remember correctly. I'm the one who is supposed to be interrogating you. Not the other way around. Now can you please stop the car?"

"Right here? We are like a block from your house." I look around at our surroundings, and realize that he is right. We were very close to my house. Good thing I woke up when I did. Yo's bad driving actually did some good for once. (Last time we ended up stuck in a gutter. Took us an hour to get my car out, with the help of two strangers.)

"Stop the car!" I say it more sternly. Yo looks in my direction with a look of uncertainty, but starts pulling up to the curb anyways. He stops the car and turns off the engine.

"We really should get you home Ming."

"That's not the best idea right now."

"What? Why?"

"Because taking me home will worsen my condition, not improve it." Yo is looking at me like he's trying to figure out what I mean. I quickly continue before he can ask another question. "SO ... Now that we have stopped, can you please tell me what's going on? And start from the beginning." He nods his head and hands me the medicine glaring at me. I know he won't speak a word till I take it. I take a pill and swallow, and look back at Yo. He looks at me satisfied and start's telling me everything that happened.

"Shit, Ming, it's all fucked up... I guess it started yesterday afternoon when I was called into the head office. They told me that my lunch account had been suspended due to inefficient funds. I rushed home after class to catch my mae before she left for work, to ask her about it. But when I got there, to my surprise, she wasn't getting ready for work. Nope. She was dressed in her nice attire setting up the kitchen. And you know my mae, she is never in the kitchen! I tried talking to her but she ignored every word I said. I gave up after a while and headed to my room. It was completely cleared out. ALL MY STUFF GONE! Ming she freaking threw it away!" His voice was getting more and more strained. I intently listened to him. "All my clothes, my books, my photographs. Everything that was mine... GONE!" His eyes were starting to water up now. I am surprised it took him this long in his speech to start crying.