"Are you afraid you'll hurt me?" Alison asked, looking up at the vampire with both fear and pity in her eyes.

"I'm terrified." Kira answered, looking over her shoulder at the child. "I love you so much, but I'm scared that I might hurt you by accident. I tried to keep my distance, but something about you has me coming back to you."

"Mommy says I was born for you. That you're going to be with me forever." Alison answered. "If you ever hurt me, I know it wouldn't ever be you! You'd never do something to hurt me, otherwise you wouldn't have helped mommy when I was born."

Kira knelt in front of Alison and put her hands on her shoulders. "I can't promise you that I'll never cause you harm, but I can promise that as long as I'm around, no one else will ever hurt you."

"You won't hurt me. I know you won't." Alison told her. "We're gonna be together forever and ever Ra-Ra."

"I'll do my best."

Alison adjusted Kira's cloak, pulling the black fabric over her shoulders, then pulled her hood over the vampire's blonde hair, before looking into her silver eyes with so much pity, Kira wished she never spoke of her past.

"You'll do it perfect." Alison smiled. "Can you go back home? I still have to get that deer." she smiled.

Kira smirked before standing up. "Of course. I look forward to seeing your prize."

"Your presence won't scare them so much if you're not here." Alison laughed.

"I'll be at home." Kira answered. "Good luck on your hunt." With that she made her way back towards their pack.

Alison looked up and took a deep breath before picking up her bow and arrow before heading the direction of the deer she was hunting, carefully following the animal's tracks and scent.

Within a few minutes of carefully stalking through the forest, she found the deer standing beside the lake with its head lowered as it was calmly drinking.

Alison readied her bow once again, notching the arrow and readying herself for the kill. Once again, her wolf whispered into her thoughts.

Kill.

Slaughter.

Hunt!

Alison let loose the arrow, just as the deer raised its head, and the arrow slammed into its eye socket, killing the animal instantly, with no pain. It collapsed to the ground, and lay motionless.

Alison lowered her bow, falling onto one knee as she felt the animal in her growl, unsatisfied by the kill. It should have been more bloody! Violent! How dare she make it so quick! It was hardly worth it at all!

She stood up after a minute and put the bow over her shoulder before making her way towards the deer's corpse. Even though she was a child, barely four feet tall, she had her improved strength, allowing her to grab the deer's leg and drag it with ease, like she was dragging a stuffed animal across the ground.

She paused, hearing a branch snap somewhere to her left, and the familiar scent of her vampiric companion drifted to her nose. She smiled softly and looked towards it.

"You can come on out Kira. I can smell you over there." Alison shouted into the forest.

"I think you have me confused with someone else." A voice called out as a young man stepped from behind a tree. "Though I'm impressed a kid like you could sense me."

Alison's eyes were wide, debating on whether or not she should run away, or call for help. Would she have enough time to call for help with this man standing only a few feet away?