.Rise and Fall. (28)

Start from the beginning

I want to bang my head on the wall because for some reasons I want to see his face and make sure he is alright. When he's out, usually he drinks or go for some deathly bike races and I know how next day the school hallways would fill with the rumours of him never losing a race and even thinking about it, scares the daylight out of me.

Where are you Nickel Black?

I sighed and closed my locker after I took all the necessary stuffs out, and packed in my bag. 

"I'm mad at you", Sarah straightly stated as she walked to me with her arms across her chest. Great. She's leaving me too.

"Of course you are", I said looking at my interlaced fingers in front of me.

"Not because you didn't choose my twin and he is being a bitch without a vagina about it."

What? I looked up at her.

"Then?", I asked slowly. What else did I do?

"Seriously you don't know", she scoffed rolling her eyes. "Being the only girl Nickel ever gave a ride on his badass bike, you're still trying to act clueless."

And here I thought she was concerned about her twin brother. Except their look and some habits, they are totally different.

"It's no big deal", I said dismissing the matter with my hand and started down the hall. I just need to go and sleep for the day, I thought.

"Big deal it is." She followed behind. "I've always told you how I dream to sit on one of those bike and get lost with the wind, hold tight and everything around pass just in a blur", she dreamily ranted about her fantasy. If I wasn't in my sulking mode on, I'd have burst out laughing. Because I didn't get lost with the wind and everything didn't just pass in a blur but darkness.

"So I was telling why I'm mad at you", she said once we reached the parking lot.

"No, you were telling me your fantasies about riding on a bike", I reminded her.

"No, before that. I'm mad at you because you didn't even tell me about the ride, and sharing the experience with me has a long way to go, isn't it?", she stomped her foot coming in front of me to stop me from walking with her hands on her hips.

"Sarah I was going you tell you but then...."

"No but. The last time I checked I was still your best friend and you're suppose to share everything with me or do I need to remind you the protocols", she stated and I sighed shaking my head.

"Good now spill out", she wiggled her eyebrows triumphantly at her victory.

I know I can never win a game, not with her or even with Nick. Never. So I told her everything but I decided to stay on the safe track and skipped the best night I had in years, the night I wasn't alone.

.

I unlocked the front door and heaved out a relief breathe going inside. Yes, I didn't wait for him after school and decided to take the bus instead. I didn't know if I was mad at him for giving me a bad day or because I didn't get to see him for the whole day. Honestly I was missing his annoyingly handsome face and his smirk. I definitely need to get my brain checked.

After the quick shower, I got dressed in my grey pullover sweatshirt, black pants and did my hair into a messy bun. Then went downstairs to make a hot cocao coffee to relieve my tensing nerves.

Not long after I was in the third page of the book "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, sitting on the counter table, I heard footsteps behind. And I didn't have to turn back to look who it was. My door is locked and he is the only person who can come inside without knocking, but breaking.