Chapter 42

**Third Person POV**

This went on for years. A broken male with no will to even live. He wasn't even the same person anymore. One day, he got asked to guard a human's cell. A human that was just like him. Stolen from their home and imprisoned here. He was alone with the human girl, sitting outside her cell. 

" S-sir. " He heard her mumble from behind the bars. He glanced back at her with the emotionless eyes that seemed to become a permanent feature. 

" What. " He stated, deciding that it wouldn't hurt to talk to her. She couldn't be worse than any of the lowlives that were also cult members. 

" Is there anybody good here? " She asked him. This elicited a scoff from the dark-haired man. 

" If there is, I've yet to meet them. " He responded, keeping the same straight face. 

" You don't sound like you want to be here. " She bluntly stated. This was the first emotion that he's felt in who knows how long. He was surprised at her statement. 

" Quite frankly, I don't. " He honestly replied, unknowingly taking a liking to this girl. 

" Why don't we try to run? You can help me get out of here. " She said, a glimmer of hope in her eyes. The young male got flashbacks to everything that they did to him. Including ending his poor sister's life. 

" There's no point. They will find some other way to control you. " He stated. He wasn't going to risk them killing the rest of his family because he fought back. In his mind, he was a monster now. Before she could respond, a group of cult members entered the area. 

" You can leave now. " One of them said, reaching for the keys to unlock the girl's cell. The young man doesn't know what snapped in him. 

" Wait, what are you doing? " He said as they grabbed the girl by her arms and yanked her off the ground

" My name's Mira. Please remember me. " She said as they began to drag her away. 

" We're going to go have fun with her and prepare her for the sacrifice. You can join. " One of the men said in a sick tone. 

" Fuck off. " He growled. He didn't know why he was so angry. After they left, he let his first tear in years slip past his eyes. He was cursing his nice nature and ability to bond with people so quick. He should never have talked to her. He wouldn't be hurting right now if he just ignored her. 

" The sacrifice is about to start. You need to be there. " The man who forced the blood into him all those years ago said. He quickly wiped his tears, returning back to his stone cold self. He followed the man out of the cell block. He walked into the big room to see Mira chained above a pit of fire. Maybe he should have tried to run with her. Maybe he could have saved her. Yet, he still stood frozen, watching the ritual happen. She had barely anything covering her body and was chained in a position so her back was hovering over the fire. 

" Pull the chains until her limbs are ripped from her body. " A loud, commanding voice spoke. People began to pound on drums as the chains started to pull. The dark haired male saw her face contort into pain. Her pain was ignored as the chains continued. Right before they had succeeded at what they wanted, Mira made eye contact with him. That was the moment he wished he had of helped her. A wave of emotions hit him like a truck after feeling nothing for years as he watched the remains of Mira along with a pool of blood drop into the pit of fire. The sacrifice ended and the male stared at nothing. A hand waved in front of his face with a folder being shoved into his hands. 

" You have another assassination. " He was told. He let his eyes show no emotion, nodding before leaving the cult's headquarters. Once he was far enough to avoid being seen, he took off into the night. He was heading the opposite direction as his mission. 

**Taehyung's POV**

" Did you bite him again? " A voice said, stirring me from my sleep. I didn't want to open my eyes because I was so comfortable. 

" Jungkook, you're going to scare him. " Another voice said. I groaned, wanting the voices to stop so I could go back to sleep. 

" No, I'm not. He said I could. If he had said no, I wouldn't of. Now, look what you did. You disturbed him. " A voice that I recognized to be Jungkook's spoke. I felt a comforting hand slide into my hair and begin playing with the strands. I smiled to myself, letting myself doze back off. 

" CUTE! " Someone yelled as I snapped my eyes open, flinching slightly. I rubbed my eyes with my hands. 

" Jimin! What the fuck! " Jungkook said in a strong tone. I looked around the room with my tired eyes. Jimin had just entered the room, Jin and Yoongi stood at the other side, while Jungkook was next to me. 

" I'm sorry! I'm not used to seeing our Jungkook be all sweet and loving. " Jimin defended himself. Jungkook rolled his eyes, mumbling something along the lines of 'I don't belong to any of you.' His focus returned to me as a plate with a juicy burger was shoved into my hands. I set myself up on the couch, holding the plate. A bowl of mixed fruit was set on my lap. 

" I got you food, darling. " He said in a voice that was much calmer than the one he used on Jimin. 

" Thank you. " I said, smiling. I took a bite of the burger, humming at how good it tasted. The plate was taken when I set the burger down and a cup of juice was set in my hands instead. After I took a drink of the juice, the plate was switched back and I continued eating. 

" He's not two. He can feed himself. " Yoongi said from the corner. 

" Shush. " Jungkook responded, smiling at me. I felt awkward because everyone in the room was watching me. I looked down at the plate, not making eye contact with anyone as I finished the burger. Jungkook took the empty plate from me and I lifted the bowl of fruit. I lifted the fork, stabbing it into a piece of melon. 

" Why is everyone here. " I mumbled to Jungkook, hearing chuckling from everyone else. 

" They're just gonna spend some time here, then we're going to go somewhere. " Jungkook responded. 

" You know we can hear you. " Yoongi stated. I felt embarrassed, lowering my head to focus on the fruit that was almost gone. I finished the last bit of fruit and Jungkook took it away as well. 

" Where are we going? " I asked as the room fell into awkward silence. 

" Uh... " Jungkook mumbled. 

" A bar. " Yoongi bluntly stated. 

" I'm bringing you, but you aren't going to leave my side or drink anything. " Jungkook began to ramble at me. I nodded, determined to listen to him this time. I don't want him to yell at me again. 
" Oh, and I got you something so people know that you're mine. " Jungkook said. I looked up to see everyone watching with a curious look. He held out an object in his hands. 

" Jungkook, what is that? " Jin said, asking the same question I had. Except Jin sounded slightly shocked. 

" A collar. " He stated, hooking the object around my neck. It was made with black leather and had shiny gold letters on the front that read 'JK.' Yoongi and Jimin were watching with an amused look on their faces while Jin's jaw was dropped. I felt heat rushing to my face at the fact that Jungkook wanted to show that I was his. I liked something about the concept of belonging to him. 

" Beautiful. " He commented as I lowered my head out of shyness. For the rest of the time, we just hung out and talked. I pretty much clung to Jungkook the whole time, but he didn't seem to mind.