Chapter 25

**Taehyung's POV**

I had my bag of stuff from the mall on my lap, as Jungkook maneuvered the car out of the parking lot. It was starting to get dark out. I didn't know we spent that much time at the mall. I enjoyed it, though. 

" Are we going back to your house now? " I asked Jungkook as he pulled out onto the street. 

" I'm going to take you to get dinner and dessert. Then, we'll go home. " He said. I really don't want him to spend more money on me. 

" You don't have to. You also don't like restaurants. " I said in an attempt to convince him otherwise. 

" The restaurant isn't the problem. It's the food. " He said. Restaurants and food go hand in hand, though. I decided to stop arguing with him because it was probably pointless. I fixated my eyes on the window again, still fascinated by the sight of the city. We arrived at a building, which I assumed to be where we're eating at. It had a colorful design, with a surfboard in front of it. The sign on top read 'Islands.' 

( If anyone has ever been here even tho they only exist in America, they literally have the best burgers I've ever had

( If anyone has ever been here even tho they only exist in America, they literally have the best burgers I've ever had. ITS MY FANFIC IT CAN BE UNREALISTIC IF I WANT IT TO BE. It's a vampire story. It's already unrealistic. *The image is of the one near where I live* I don't own the image.  -Eu ) 

We entered through the little umbrella looking thing above the door. The room was slightly dark, but it looked very interesting. There were large, fake birds hanging from the ceiling. There were TV's with surfing channels on and the whole atmosphere just seemed very beachy. Since it wasn't very busy, we got sat at a table immediately. I looked at the brown, folded paper with all the food choices on it. I heard Jungkook groan from in front of me. 

" Are you okay? " I asked, honestly concerned. 

" I'm dreading eating any of this. " He said. I thought to myself for a moment. 

" Are the portions here large? " I asked. 

" Yeah. Makes it even worse. " He said. An idea popped into my head. 

" How about we order one to share and I just eat all of it so it doesn't look weird? " I suggested, remembering how displeased his face looked this morning. He stared at me for a couple seconds before responding. 

" You are a genius. " He said, folding the paper shut. I smiled subconsciously at the compliment. I looked over all of the foods, a person arriving at our table. It was time to order drinks. This time, I found the drinks section on the paper, so I didn't have to ask. 

" I want this. " Jungkook said, pointing to something on his menu. I waited for the server to ask me, not being as nervous this time. 

" Can I have the cool breeze smoothie? " I said, also pointing to it just to make sure they saw. The person walked off, leaving me to search the menu more. I decided on what I wanted, showing it to Jungkook so he could order it. I put the menu back, leaning into the booth we were seated at and yawned. The server soon came back with my smoothie, setting it in front of me. 

" Can I check your ID? " She asked Jungkook. I watched him pull out his ID, confused. She gave his ID back, walking off once again. I decided that I wouldn't question it, sipping my smoothie. It was sweet and I liked it. She soon returned, placing a red drink in front of Jungkook. I'm not even sure what that is. 

" Can I try that? " I asked, referring to his drink. 

" I'd say yes, but I'd probably get arrested. " He said. I tilted my head in confusion. 

" Why? " I asked. 

" This drink has a minimum age according to the law. " He stated. I didn't know that there were drinks that you had to be a certain age to drink. 

" What's the age? " I asked, taking another sip of my pink smoothie. 

" Twenty. " He said. 

" I'm only three years younger. That's close enough, right? " I said. He laughed at my statement. 

" I don't think the police see it that way. " He said. I gave up on trying, rubbing my hands together because they were cold from touching the smoothie. The server soon came back, Jungkook ordering the burger I asked for. When she asked what he wanted, he said that we're going to share it. I watched as he drank the drink, humming in response. It must be another strong drink. The burger soon came, fries sitting on the tray as well. Jungkook cut the burger in half, making it look like we were actually sharing. I took one of the halves, trying to prevent things from falling off. I took a bite of the burger, satisfied with how good it was. I shoved a fry in my mouth, burning my tongue at how hot it was. I decided to let the fries cool down, returning to the burger. I finished eating the first half of the burger, grabbing the second one. I shifted awkwardly when I realized that Jungkook was watching me eat while drinking whatever the red drink was. I took another sip of my half-empty smoothie, avoiding eye contact with him. I finished the whole burger, braving the fries again. Thankfully, they weren't as hot as they were earlier. 

" I'm full. " I voiced after finishing half of the fries. I finished the smoothie, savoring the last bit of the sweet beverage. Jungkook picked up a black booklet that the server had put on the table. He placed some cash in the booklet, setting it back at the end of the table. The lady came by to take it, Jungkook saying something before she left. 

" You can keep the change as a tip. " He said. She smiled at him and thanked him before leaving with the booklet. 

" Come on. " He said, waving to me as he stood up to leave the restaurant. I followed him out and we got back into his car. I flopped back into the seat, yawning. I was starting to get tired. 

" Do you want to get ice cream, or just go straight home? " He asked me. I straightened up when I heard the mentioning of ice cream. 

" Ice cream? " I said, turning to face him. He didn't respond and drove right down the street to an ice cream parlor. I barely ever ate ice cream, but it's one of my favorite things. I hopped out of the car as soon as the doors opened, smelling the sweetness of the parlor. Jungkook got out with me and we walked inside. I stared at all the ice cream options inside the case. They all looked so delicious. I decided on birthday cake as the flavor I wanted. The man behind the counter scooped a large pile of ice cream into a cup for me. 

" Can I have fudge? " I asked, turning to face Jungkook. He nodded and I watched the man pour fudge onto it. I excitedly took it, sitting at a nearby table while Jungkook paid. I forgot that this would cost money. I shoved a spoonful of the delicious ice cream into my mouth as Jungkook sat in front of me, his back facing the door. 

" Thank you for all of this, you didn't have to buy me anything. " I said, trying to show that I was very appreciative. 

" It's not like I had anything more important to spend my money on. " He said, watching me eat again. I smiled slightly as I continued eating the ice cream. I'm getting used to smiling more often nowadays. I've never been happier in my life than I have been lately. I realized that there are people who will treat me like an actual living being. The only thing I didn't know at this moment, was how unprepared I was for the monstrous presence that was heading our way.

**AUTHORS NOTE**

What do you think is going to happen? I love cliffhangers :) 

Anyways, I double updated today and I hope you have enjoyed it. I appreciate every single one of you who reads this, regardless if you are a silent reader or not <3.

-Eu