Chapter 2

**Taehyung's POV**

I lay shivering in a half-asleep state. I couldn't fully sleep due to how cold it was in the cell, but I tried anyways. I tensed up in the corner of the cell when I heard the door creak open. The door shut softly, unlike last time when he slammed it. I jumped and snapped open my eyes when I felt a force poking my side. I sleepily sat up and looked at the mysterious guy who was looming above me. I hope he isn't going to drink my blood again because I'm still weak from last time, though I feel a bit better. 

" I brought you food. " He said in his usual cold tone. My mood switched at the mention of food as I now noticed that he had a plate in his hands. I stared awkwardly at him and then at the plate, not sure if I was supposed to take it or not. I saw him sigh before sitting down in front of me. 

" I'm about to shove it down your throat if you don't take it. " He said as he gestured the plate over to me. I shakily took it, examining it's contents. It appeared to be a steak that was chopped up into cubes, mashed potatos, black beans and some sort of plant. He had also set a cup of what appeared to be orange juice on the ground. 

" This is a weird combination. " I said as I poked the strange looking plant. He was staring at me boredly 

" It's all stuff that boosts iron and vitamins. " He explained as I nodded along. 

" Why. " I asked, picking up a piece of the steak. I cocked my head at him when he facepalmed. I heard him release a loud sigh. 

" You lost blood. Those things help with that. " He said. I nodded and popped the piece of steak into my mouth. It was actually quite good, which suprised me. I continued to eat the food I was given, leaving out the strange plant. I took a sip of the orange juice as I finished everything but the plant. 

" No. Eat that too. " He commanded, pointing to the plant that I had avoided. My face winced up as I stared at it. It looked like he took grass and put it on the plate. 

" But it looks- " I started, but got interrupted. 

" I don't care if it's good or not. I said eat it. " He said in a tone of voice that caused me to flinch. I gulped to myself as I picked up a piece of the grass-looking thing. I hesitantly put it into my mouth as I noticed he was watching me. I slowly chewed down on the plant. I crinkled my nose at the bitter, earthy taste. I swallowed it, quickly reaching for the orange juice to wash down that awful taste. It tasted like if you were to pick up lawn clippings and eat them. I sighed in relief once the awful taste was gone. My relief didn't last because I was reminded that there was still a whole pile left. I turned to the vampire guy only to turn back to the plant because he was glaring at me. I quickly shoved more into my mouth, trying to ignore how awful the taste was. I managed the swallow it without subconsciously spitting it out. I shoved the last of it into my mouth, repeating the same process. After swallowing, I began to chug the orange juice in an attempt to clear the taste once again. I was stopped midway by the guy. 

" Wait. " He said, handing me some sort of pill. 

" What is- " He cuts people off a lot. 

" An iron supplement. " He stated. I hesitantly took the pill as I saw him stand up to leave. I finished the orange juice, setting the cup next to the empty plate. 

" Wait. " I called. I heard him groan and turn around. 

" Now what do you want. " I gulped at his tone. I was still somewhat scared of him. 

" I want your company. " I said. I saw him raise an eyebrow at me, now that my vision was well adjusted to the dark. 

" You want my company. " He stated. 

" Well, I'd much prefer someone else, but you're the only one here. " I said as he sighed, returning to where he was once sitting. 

" Why did I decide not to kill you again? " He said to himself, but I responded anyways. 

" Don't know. You never really said. I'd like to know that myself actually. " I heard him sigh at my response. 

" You're annoying and talk too much. " He stated, not responding to what I said. I sighed looking down at my feet. 

" I don't know if you're just being mean or if I honestly can't socialize. " I mumbled to myself. I looked up to see him staring at me boredly once again. I attempted to regain myself before I have a mental breakdown in front of him. 

" What's your name? " I asked him. 

" Does it matter? " He stated. 

" I think that if I know more about you, I won't be afraid of you anymore. " I mindlessly said. 

" I don't care to get to know you. " He carelessly said. I sighed once again, bringing my knees up to my chest. 

" Why didn't you kill me? " I asked, curiousity getting the best of me. He didn't respond, silence filling the eerie space. I looked up, taken aback by the evil expression on his face. I gulped at the intimidating aura that wasn't present before, backing up a bit. Before I could comprehend anything, I had been pressed against the wall with my wrists pinned up above my head. 

" See? You say you want to know me and then you try and run. " He said into my ear, venom lacing his voice. I began to shake as the speed of my breath picked up. I didn't respond, resulting in an evil chuckle. 

" If you want to know the reason I didn't kill you, I'll tell you. " He stated, leaning in to my neck and inhaling deeply. I can't help the fact I'm afraid of him. 

" It's because you smell and taste like nothing I've ever had before. Trust me, I've killed thousands of you. " He said. I gulped at his statement, familiar tears prickling at my eyes. I closed my eyes, allowing the tears to fall.

" I-I didn't mean to u-upset you. " I said, not even attempting to get him off because it doesn't work. 

" I could kill you at any moment and you're worried about upsetting me? " He said, seemingly shocked by my reaction. 

" I t-think I f-figured something out. " I said. He heard him audibly 'tsk' at my words. 

" What do you suppose that is? " He stated in a cold tone. 

" I think you have hurt from your past. " I said, managing to not stutter. He only responded with a glare, letting go of my wrists. I fell to my knees on the floor and stared at his retreating back. 

" Go to sleep. Your blood needs it. " He stated, opening the cell door. I didn't respond, I only stared at him. 

" You're one weird human. " He stated, slamming the cell door once again. I flinched backwards, causing him to chuckle, before he left me there. Once I was sure he was gone, I sighed to myself as I flopped onto the cold hard concrete. I refuse to believe that someone that cold and heartless exists. Even if he only sees me as something to eat, I want to break through that shell. I don't know why I do, but I really want to. I don't even know his name. I slowly closed my eyes, not caring about the cold and how purple my skin probably is. I felt sleep take over me as I drifted away into unconciousness. 

**TIME SKIP**

Having no idea what time or even day it was, I awoke from my sleep. I actually felt a lot better and more refreshed. I noticed something, that wasn't there before, next to me. There was a bucket and a gallon of water. The gallon had a sticky note stuck to it. 

'This better be gone by the time I come back.' It said. Why is he so adamant on forcing me to eat and drink things? I sighed, taking a huge gulp of water from the gallon. What was the bucket for? Oh wait...

I crinkled my nose in disgust at the thought, knowing that I was probably right. I sighed and shoved it in the opposite corner of the cell. He probably thinks the moment I get out of here, if that were to even happen, I would run away. I don't want to be down here in this cell, but I don't necessarily want to go home either. At least here I don't have to deal with my parents. I sat against the wall, rubbing my arms from how cold it was down here. I drank more of the water, boredom overtaking me.