60. Source for a Hope

Hello Fam. Please read the note at the end. :)

Happy Reading...

Manik who noticed the absence of Nandini and asked Abhimanyu through eyes after the completion of the song. Abhi mouthed him the answer. Fab5, Navya, Madhyam, Manik's parents were worried for Nandu's answer. This was the surprise they planned without Nandu knowing it. To propose her on stage. Madhyam who heard the idea, immediately agreed as he was more than eager to see Manik and Nandini together. Composing himself, Madhyam completed the formalities along with Fab5 and their company.

Fab5 Green Room

After the event, everyone met their parents and asked them to go home after all congratulatory hugs. Nandu's Chacha, Chachi too came to meet Manik after everyone.

Chachi(proudly): Mere sone munde ne aag laga di stage par. Sab kitne ache lag rahe the waha. (glares) Waise, tune hame bataya nahi ki tune ladki dhoond li hai?

Manik(meekly): Chachi, maine ab tak uss ladki ko bhi bataya nahi. Woh jaise hi haan karti hai, main aap hi ke paas le aaunga.

Chacha(assured): Tension mat lo, Manik. Tumhe koi mana nahi kar sakta.

Manik gives them a small smile and signals Abhimanyu. He takes them out and drops them till their car.

Manik was pacing to and fro out of restlessness when Abhimanyu came running.

Abhi(huffing): Manik.

Manik(panicked): Where's Nandu? Is she fine?

Abhi(restless): Pata nahi. She texted me that she's going home. I don't know in which state she is.

Manik(guiltily): I shouldn't have done this. Abhi, tu ja. Just make sure she is fine.

Abhi(hesitant): Manik, I know I am being selfish but..

Manik(smiled): I know. I won't ever force her. There's no 'us' if she doesn't want to.

Abhi smiles sadly and leaves for Nandu's place

Manik(advised): Mukti, tu bhi ja. He might be needing your help.

Mukti(sadly): Tujhe aise chod kar how?

Manik(assured): Mukti, I told you right, I will even accept her no? I will be fine. Just go.

Mukti hugs him and leaves after looking at Cabir and taking an assurance from him. As soon as they leave, Manik breaks down when Cabir comes to hug him. He cries his eyes out. Cabir kept rubbing his back. Others too had tears seeing him this vulnerable but they composed themselves and took Manik home.

Malhotra Mansion

Manik asked everyone some alone time. After an hour or so when Nyonika had enough seeing him, she went to his room. Sensing her, Manik puts his head on her lap and she starts ruffling his hair.

Nyo(softly): I thought my son is a fighter. I didn't know he would give up on things this early.

Manik(reasoned): Mom, I don't want to have false hopes.

Nyo(surprised): You didn't even try yet. What are you even hoping for, Manik?

Manik(sitting straight confusedly): Mom?

Nyo(explained): Announcing in front of the world about loving someone is cool. But Manik, you didn't even talk to her properly yet. She didn't say yes but she didn't say no either. How can you sit here without even trying?

Manik(puzzled): Isn't her answer a no? Why would she leave the concert if it's a yes?

Nyo: That you would only know if you go and ask her. About your confession, we knew what we were doing but she didn't even have the slightest of an idea about this. She might be shocked or surprised or angry or speechless. It could be anything. And you didn't even explain her your side, Manik.