27. Something is fishy!! 🤔🤔

Hello People. 

Happy Reading...

Nandu: Sure, Harshad. Let's have fun.

Harshad: Oh, I thought it would be pretty hard to convince you but, you are one smart lady.

Nandu: So, where shall we go? To police station? Because you are trespassing my thoughts. Or even a better Idea. Let's go to the hospital? Because you seemed to have lost your mental stability.

Harshad: Nandini, what are you talking about?

Nandu: Aww...how can you be so innocent Harshad. What did you think? You will come and talk nonsense about the person whom I have known since years, and I would believe you? And you out of all people, who know me, I don't know how even before our first talk. I don't know your need to enlighten me about how Manik is, but before speaking about him to me, just get it clear one thing Harshad. Mind. Your. Own. Business. I won't tolerate things against people who are close to me. And also get a life instead of stalking people and spreading rumors like some stupid news channels.

Harshad: You b...

"Dare you complete that, Harshad"

They both turn towards the source and find Manik there.

Manik: Harshad Harshad Harshad. Tch tch tch. Bas yehi kaam karta rahega? I hope you have got your answer. Isse pehle ki I show you your right place, just leave.

Harshad: You will regret it, Nandini Murthy.

Manik(With a sarcastic smile): Happy plotting, Harshad Saxena.

After Harshad leaves, Manik turns towards Nandu with an apologetic face.

Manik: Nandini, those girls...

Nandu: Manik you don't need to explain me. And before you argue any further, can we please leave this place? (She makes her best puppy face to which Manik chuckles and nods)

They leave the party and end up at Juhu Beach. They settle down near the waves. After minutes of comfortable silence, Manik decided to break it.

Manik: Are you possessed by someone Miss. Murthy?

Nandu: Where did that even come from?

Manik gives her a small smile before answering her.

Manik: Harshad. I never expected you to shut him like that. And I, Manik Malhotra, want you, Nandini Murthy, to give me an autograph.

Nandu: Manik, that was too dramatic.

Manik: No, I am serious Nandini. What was that? I was speechless.

Nandu: He was talking nonsense about you Manik. How can I listen to that? And I think it's easy to snap at a stranger than someone known. So, that's pretty normal.

Manik: You don't know how to take compliments. Do you? (Nandu nods in negative and looks back at the sea) Waise, Nandini. I am sorry, for not being there. I don't know where those girls....

She interrupted his sorry session.

Nandu: Are you again thinking about that Manik. It might be him behind that. But I don't know how he knows me.

Manik: Because that's his only job. His father is my dad's business rival. And he blames his good-for-nothing son for his loss in his business after he decided to hand his company to his son. So, this guy tries to trap all my PA's so that he could get some information out of them.

Nandu: That means...

Manik: The girl who was there in your place before, left my company which cost me a deal.

Nandu: And that was the reason why you didn't hire an assistant for a long time.

Manik: Yes, that's one of the reason. The girls who joined there were much interested in me than working for me. I am sorry, but I was hesitant to take you too. But then it's Abhimanyu who assured me that you are nothing like that. Ok, in my defense, I didn't even know that you were his sister. Do you even believe it, that guy never took your name in front of us.

Nandu(laughs): I do. I gave up on him and his cheesy names. That reminds me, I have to call that idiot. (And takes her mobile)

Manik: Nandu wait. Let's call Cabir. I have a strong gut feeling that something's fishy.

Nandu nods and Manik calls Cabir, putting the call on speaker.

Manik: Hey Cabir. What's up, dude.

Cabir: Jyada excited lag raha hai. What's the matter?

Manik: Because you are coming back. I missed you so much.

Cabir: Tujhe sar par chot lagi hai kya?

Manik: Tu mujhe miss nahi kar raha?

Cabir: Ofcourse. I guess, mujhe aane ke baad tujhe doctor ke paas le jaana hai.

Manik: Idiot. Acha when are you coming back?

Cabir: As usual. We will reach by the day after tomorrow.

Manik: oh.. I thought tu jaldi aakar mujhe surprise dega.

Cabir: God. Manik. Are you really fine? Mujhe nahi lag raha ki you are so.

Manik: Shut up. Is Abhi with you?

Cabir: Haan. Wait I am giving him the mobile.

Abhi: Bhai. What's up.

Manik: Sky is up. I have a surprise for you.

Abhi: What?

Manik: This.

Nandu: Hello Abhimanyu.

Cabir: Oh acha. Toh dono saath mein ho.

Manik: Before you cook up a story in that super smart brain of yours, we had to go to Singhania's party. We ended up meeting your favorite Saxena and your sister had shut him up like a pro. And now we are at the beach for some peace.

Cabir: I can ignore everything just for Nandu shutting him up. That calls for a celebration princess. Though we will discuss how you did that after we are back.

Abhi: Nandini, you are fine right? Did he harm you?

Nandu: Abhi, before you freak out. Yes, I am totally fine. Waise Abhimanyu, when are you coming back? I am missing you, bhai.

Abhi: I will be back soon, bacha. Nandini, I am tired. Shall I call you later?

Nandu: ofcourse. Bye.

Abhi: Goodnight.

Manik: That was too rude. Why did he cut the call like that? And why are you grinning now?

Nandu: Because I got my answers. He avoids me when he is hiding something from me.

Manik: How can you be so sure. Ho sakta hai he is tired?

Nandu: Did you notice the way he was calling me 'Nandini' and not any of my 'nicknames'. That explains itself. I am pretty sure, he has something big to tell me. Let's just wait for them.

They again went silent before Manik spoke.

Manik: Shall we leave? It's late.

Nandu: I want to stay here but not in this stupid dress. (Says pouting to which Manik laughs and gives her his hand while standing up)

Manik: We will come back some other time, Nandu. This place isn't getting rid of us so soon.

They both head towards Nandini's home after Manik too leaves for his. After getting changed and wishing 'goodnight' they both drift into slumber not knowing about the surprises life has in store for them. 

For those who expected Nandu to slap Harshad or things of that sort, yaar she is an introvert. She will try her best to stay away from violence. Best friends waali Nandu hoti toh ab tak Harshad hospital mein pakka hota. 

What do you think is wrong with Cabir and Abhimanyu? 

How was the update? Waiting for your feedback.