57. I got my parents back

Hello Fam. Read the note at the end. :)

@blendreadeyes You know why this chapter is dedicated to you. :P

Happy Reading...

Abhi(announced): Mom, Dad, it's Mukti. I am in love with Mukti.

All the four were hell nervous about their reaction.

Abhi(nervously): Mom, Dad kuch bolo?

Chachi(thinking hard): Main yeh soch rahi hun ki agar teri shaadi ho jaye toh teri bidaai hogi ya Mukti ki.

Chacha(playing along): Ise hi bhej dete hai. Waise bhi ghar kahan aata hai.

Abhi pouts, while Manik and Nandu laugh at him.

Chachi(excitedly): Mukti beta, apne ghar walo se baat karwa do. Shaadi ka muhurt nikal dete hai.

Mukti looks at Manik first and he blinks his eyes.

Mukti(softly): Aunty, before talking to them, mujhe aapko apne bare mein batana hai. My parents..

She takes a deep breath due to the lump formed in her throat. She finds a grip on her hand by Manik. He takes her in a side hug. She was busy controlling her emotions when she felt another hand gripping hers.

Abhimanyu, who was sitting beside Nandu, stood up unable to see Mukti weak and entwined their fingers. She smiled seeing the two most important men of her life. Giving Abhimanyu a 'proud' look, Manik asked him to handle Mukti through his eyes.

Manik(without any emotion, sternly): Chachi, Chacha ji, Mukti's isn't in contact with her parents. They don't care about her. All they know is how to make money and run their business. They asked Mukti to join their business but she wanted to become a designer and they gave her the choice to choose between her dream and them. Cutting it short, Mukti is independent, strong and a very beautiful soul, unlike them.

His eyes became red due to anger which was noticed by everyone. Abhi's parents smiled at the bond Manik shares with Mukti. Shanno sat beside Mukti asking Abhimanyu to get up.

Chachi(caressing her head): Mukti, tune kuch galat nahi kiya na. Tu ro mat. Hum sab hain na tere saath? Aaj se tu iss ghar ki bahu nahi beti hai. Hum tumhare parents hai. Ab se Aunty nahi Mom bulayegi tu. Kyun Murthy ji?

Chacha(agreed happily): Shanno ji, aap jo kaho wahi theek.

Mukti hugged her tight and let out her tears, feeling the motherly love for the first time. After she stopped crying, Chacha went to her and caressed her hair affectionately.

Chacha(lovingly): Beta this is an important thing and your parents deserve to know. Isiliye humne pucha. Agar tum comfortable nahi ho, toh Abhi baat kar lega unse. But you don't need to suffer or become sad for anything from now on. Hamare ghar ki betiyan hasti rahengi toh hi hame acha lagta hai. Haina, gudiya?

Nandu(grinned): Bilkul, Chacha ji. Mukti bhi haste hue bahut achi lagti hai. Aur gusse mein bhi. (teased) Bhai ko bahut experience hai.

Abhi(frightened): Babydoll, Mukti ka gussa yaad mat dila ab. Mujhe already meri body mein bache kuchen haddiyan count karne hai.

Everyone chuckles at him, including Mukti.

Chachi(announced): Acha, ab bahut baate ho gayi. Tum sab bacho jao, thoda fresh ho jao. Main khana lagwati hun.

She asks Abhimanyu to take Mukti inside. Manik excuses himself for washroom and Chachi asks him to go to Nandu's room.

Chachi(casually): Nandu, tu bhi ja, dekh Manik ko kuch chahiye ki nahi.