30. Decisions

Hello People. Sorry for disappearing. I couldn't find time to update. I was very busy with exams. 

And this chapter is dedicated to this amazingly crazy dramebaaz vidzy_vidhu  Happy Birthday Vidhu. Wishing you loads of happiness and success. Zindagi mein aag laga dena. Keep smiling girl. 

Happy Reading...

There were minutes of silence before Manik spoke.

Manik: Cabir tujhe yaad hai before leaving for London ek letter aaya tha from some unknown person?

Cabir: oh yeah. Which you conveniently accused me of writing that one to you.

Manik: yes. I got another one from the same person a day back. Wait.

He hands all the three letters to him while Cabir opens it confusedly and read all the three in a go before passing them onto Abhi and Nandu.

It took some time for Cabir to compose until the time the other two had completed reading it.

While Abhimanyu and Nandini stayed silent as they wanted the friends to talk first, Manik was scared of Cabir's reaction the most, as he directly is related to the given scenario but Cabir was unusually Calm. Manik assumed it to be the calm before the storm.

Cabir(emotionlessly): So, this was your reason for quitting music. Tune kabhi hume bataya nahi? And who wrote this letter?

Manik: Ek ladki.

Cabir(confused) : Ladki? Who? Do I know her? And how does she know all these things which even we didn't?

Manik(helpless): I don't know who the girl is. Cabir, do you remember the farewell day of our school, when I have announced you all that I will be quitting music?

Cabir nods.

Manik: It all happened a day before our farewell. I was so lost. I didn't know whom to trust, whom not to after getting a warning of disowning from my very own grandfather. I have always adored him, looked up to him. Music was my life, my peace. But..

He couldn't complete his sentence due to tears threatening down. He didn't want to break down again and was busy hiding them back when all of a sudden Cabir stood up and hugged him tightly. Rubbing his back, Cabir said,

Cabir: Don't hold back Manik. Enough of staying strong. Just let it go.

That's it. He broke down in the comforting hug of his best friend. He let it all go after finding the support from Cabir. His quitting music did affect them too. Cabir without questioning the reason has always been there beside him like a shadow to him. That's one reason he was afraid of Cabir's reaction. But whom is he kidding? Cabir would never ever leave him. His mind, his heart knows that.

Nandini too broke down seeing Manik in such state. Abhi who noticed her took her in his embrace. They all sat there for several minutes in silence before Cabir questioned him.

Cabir(curious): But Manik, who is the person who wrote these letters? How does she know about this?

Manik: Cabir that day after telling you all my decision, I left from there for some fresh air. I felt suffocated. I ended up in the backyard of our school. There weren't any lights but there was a girl sitting there in the dark. She too was sad or depressed, I don't know. I don't know how I ended up sharing this with her, maybe because she is a stranger. We shared our griefs, our stories. After which I left from there. That was the last day of our school and I never met her again. She was the only one whom I have shared this with, so I am pretty sure it's her.

Cabir: What are you planning to do Manik? After all these years, why did she even contact you? You are into your business now. As far as I know, you want to take Malhotra Industries to greater heights. Isn't it? What about music?

Manik: I don't know Cabir. I am not able to decide anything. I don't know why did she even contact me, now.

Abhi: Maybe, she wanted you to continue your music?

Manik: Kaise Abhimanyu? I have a company to look after. I have responsibilities. My band isn't there anymore. In fact, it's me who broke it. Broke us. My Fab5. I can't even look into their eyes if I happened to see them ever again. Cabir, tujhe pata hai why I don't speak to Mukti, Alya or Dhruv? Because they remind me of my music. My betrayal towards them.

Cabir: Manik, it isn't betrayal. Get a grip on your emotions.

Manik(composing): I think I need some air. I am going to the terrace.

Cabir: Think what you want to do about your music Manik.

Manik nods and leaves. Everyone else there too leaves for their respective Cabins.

On terrace

Manik stares into the distance unable to decide the situation that popped out all of a sudden. It's true that his music is his life, but is it at the cost of his family? He was lost in his thoughts when a hand came in front of him holding a cup of coffee. Manik looked up to find Nandini. He took it from her and silently started drinking it. After some time, as she didn't speak a word, Manik decided to break the silence.

Manik(still looking forward): Bolo kuch.

Nandu: Shift my cabin here. It's so peaceful. I can even work at night.

Manik: You like any place that's away from people right?

Nandu: Solitude is heaven.

Manik laughs at her before turning towards her. 

Manik: Waise I am talking about the letter? What's your opinion?

Nandu: but my opinion might not match with yours, Manik.

Manik: Isiliye it's your opinion, not mine. Ab batao, I am all ears.

Manik stared at the view from the terrace that's when Nandini started.

Nandu: Manik I haven't met your parents. I don't know how they would react but I think you should take a chance and talk to them.

Manik: But..

Nandu: Manik no parents can disown their kids. And you just have to put forward your thoughts, you aren't leaving the house just tomorrow to pursue your music, right? Even if they don't agree with you, you are still capable of doing both. Taking out some time for music won't be much, haina? We are there to help you with the company here. You can just concentrate on your music.

Manik: Nandini lekin...

Nandu: Manik your happiness is more important. Fine, you have sacrificed your music for your family but at the cost of your own happiness. How happy have you been Manik in these past few years? Just take a chance.

Nandini found Manik's intense gaze on her. She feared of saying something wrong and panicked.

Nandu: It's just my opinion. I am sorry if...

She couldn't complete when she found herself in a tight hug.

Manik: Never say sorry for voicing out your opinions, Nandini.

He broke the hug and stared into her eyes before saying,

Manik: I don't know but just looking at you, calms me down. (Taking a deep breath) I will take a chance.

Nandu gave him a dazzling smile. Both of them left the place, to inform the other two restless souls with a never-ending smile on their faces. 

Next Update will be on 18th or 19th Feb. After that updates will be regular.