54. MukBhi's Confession

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Murthy house

Abhimanyu slept on Nandu's lap, thinking about Mukti, with her fingers still in his hair. He was disturbed by a call. Waking up, he glances at Nandu and found her sleeping, keeping her head on the bedrest. His mobile buzzed again and he noticed Mukti calling. Frightened, he cut the call but before that Nandu woke up.

Abhi(afraid): Nandu, see Mukti's calling me.

Nandu(frowned): Abhimanyu, why the hell are you cutting her call. Just answer the call, idiot.

Abhi(nervously): Mujhe darr lag raha hai.

Rolling her eyes at him, she calls her.

Call

Nandu(worried): Hello Mukti. Are you fine?

Mukti(surprised): Nandu, tum? Sorry to disturb you this late. I was trying to call Abhimanyu but why isn't he picking up his mobile? Is he sleeping?

Nandu(concerned): Mukti, we were waiting for your call. Abhimanyu is with me and he isn't sleeping. But are you fine? Manik told you left....we were worried for you.

Mukti(softly): Yeh Manik bhi na. Listen, Nandu yaar, I am fine. Can you pass on the mobile to Abhimanyu?

Abhi(stammered): Muk..Mukti

Mukti(sternly): Abhimanyu, I want you here by morning. We need to finish off something here.

Abhi(whispered): Mukti, just give me a chance to explain, please.

Mukti(softly): Abhimanyu, go sleep. It's too late now. We will sort the things in the morning. Goodnight.

Call Ends

After the call, Abhimanyu goes in a daze.

Nandu(shaking him): bhai?

Abhi(lost in his thoughts): Nandu, kal kya hoga?

Nandu(assured): Bhai, we will sort things out. Stop worrying? She doesn't sound like she's angry with you.

Abhi(restless): You don't know her, Nandu.

Nandu(patting his head): Bhai relax. Sleep now. You need energy for tomorrow.

He closed his eyes, holding her hand tight while she ruffles his hair and drifts to sleep.

Morning

Abhimanyu couldn't sleep for a single minute and was tossing and turning the whole night. Waking up, he pecked Nandu's forehead and left for his room to freshen up. Coming down, he saw Nandu sitting in the living room, all ready and scrolling through her mobile.

Abhi(raising an eyebrow): Nandu, tu kahin ja rahi hai?

Nandu(smiled sarcastically): Haan bagal mein shadi ka invitation aaya hai. Main nachane ja rahi hun. Wanna join?

Abhi(concerned): Babydoll, tu puri raat theek se soyi nahi hai. You go and rest. Main baath karke aata hun na.

Nandu(gritting her teeth): You didn't think I will let you go through this alone. Did you? If yes, Abhimanyu, I will kill you.

He nods in a no scaredly.

Nandu(glared): let's go. We are getting late.

Malhotra Mansion

Mukti asks everyone to assemble in the living room. She was pacing to and fro while everyone was patiently waiting for her to talk.

Alya(confused): Mukti, are you fine?