Beauty is tradegy

(Karmas pov)

No...That's not completely truthful.

To say that now we're reunited means I'm better...well, that's just a stretch.

"Hmm~ hmmm~ hmmm~..He learnt to play when he was young~ Hmm~"

I do seem to be in control...More so than I have been...

Maybe there isn't a Karma 2 and Karma 1 anymore...

Like back then...Just Karma...Just one...

...At least that's what I'm hoping for.

"Karma? Whatcha thinking about?"

"Huh? Oh Nothing...sorry."

He sat down next to me on the steps.

The sun was bright today, the Cherry blossoms at the peak of bloom, the air cool, but not cold enough to make you want to grab a jacket.

Just the right temperature to keep you out until sunset.

"April is coming fast huh?"

"Mm...I don't especially like April. Maybe just the short time before it. When everything's not fully out, but the colour is still visible."

"Well that makes sense. That time of year is beautiful. Karma likes beautiful things."

"Suppose that's why I like you then."

He blushed slightly.

"S-shut up..."

"Jeez, sorry?"

"...I just don't want to have that conversation right now..."

"...Right...Sorry..."

That soft wind managing to blow away any noise. Creating a silence.

A silence of wich only the sound of nature itself can intrude on.

"You noticed right?" I dared to slice through.

"Noticed what?..."

"When we were kids...you noticed how I felt...didn't you?"

That silence was now ruined by tension piercing through it.

"...Somewhere along the way...In 2 years? I'd be an idiot if I didn't notice..."

"So Why'd you never ask about it?"

"Kidding?! You know how weird that sounds. 'Oh hey Best friend, do you have a crush on me??' Yeah, that wouldn't have been awkward at all."

"In a way, I'm glad you never mentioned it." I sighed. "It would've broken our friendship..."

"Huh?..."

"Because...you never really felt the same way..."

(Nagisas pov)

I hate the past, and any conversation about the past...especially this part.

"...You knew that...and Yet you still held onto the feelings you had...you've held onto them all this time..."

"Maybe it's hope or some shit." He leaned back, resting on his arms, his posture and attitude changing slightly.

"Hope?"

"Simply put, I was a fucking love sick kid. Despretly searching high and low for someone to love me. Total dumbass. And I guess it caused me to fall in love with almost every person I meet. But one day, after the accident, after my parents left...I realised Love is bullshit from a reality that doesn't exist. Yet...here I am." He gently grabbed my hand, placing it over his chest. "No matter what shit I feed my brain, my heart can see a lie as clear as day."
His heartbeat so rapidly beating, my hand almost feeling like I could hold it.