26 ❁ Death By A Thousand Cuts☑️

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX❁ death by a thousand cuts ❁

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
❁ death by a thousand cuts ❁

"Change. We don't like it. We fear it. But we can't keep it from coming." - Meredith Grey

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

DAHLIA HAD WOKEN UP TO A FIGURE OVER HER FACE, it was familiar to her but she couldn't place it since her vision was still blurry. The last thing she remembered was Finn dying and then everything went black. That's when reality hit her again. Finn was really dead. It wasn't a discussion or a fight anymore. He had been killed. By Clarke of all people. Dahlia didn't understand why Clarke would do that, especially in front of everyone. She felt angry. Angry at Clarke. Angry at Finn. But mostly angry at herself for even letting it get to that point. If she had just stuck with Finn that day maybe it wouldn't have happened. Maybe the alliance would've been made with no blood spilled. She couldn't know that for sure but it's what crossed her mind.

Dahlia is brought out of her thoughts as her eyes land on Bellamy who was leaning over her concerned. He was running his eyes over her as if worried she was going to break. Which inside, she was already broken into pieces. She wasn't sure if there was even anything left to break. She groans as she sits up, Bellamy's hand supporting her back.

Their eyes connect and Bellamy can see the obvious hurt and grief in her eyes. She had just seen her best friend be murdered by someone she deemed to be her friend too. He lets out a sigh of relief that she was okay though as his hand interlocked with hers. Dahlia only sits there quietly as her head drops so it's resting on Bellamy's shoulder. Bellamy just let's her, not wanting to force her into talking about what happened.

"The commander wants to talk." A voice interrupts their comfortable silence making the couple glance up to notice Kane standing at the opening of the door. It's like hearing the commander set something off in Dahlia as she grabbed a knife off the table and starts to head for the door only to be stopped by Bellamy. Kane had also took the liberty to guard the door so she couldnt leave.

"Dahlia, hey." Bellamy says as he holds her back trying to get the knife out of her hand. She only pushes against him trying to get him to let her go. "No, no. Stop. You can't, it will cost us our truce." He tells her as he looks into her eyes but he suddenly stops struggling against her as he sees the tears brimming in her eyes.

"She wanted Finn dead. She wanted his blood and now he's gone. She took him from me. She deserves to die too." She explains as tears stream down her face. Dahlia gets out of his hold and now tries to get past her father who holds her back, glancing at Bellamy who is only in front of Dahlia trying to calm her down.