01 ❁ The First Day On Earth☑️

CHAPTER ONE❁ the first day on earth ❁ 1x01

CHAPTER ONE
❁ the first day on earth ❁
1x01

"People aren't dolls. You can't just play with them and put them back in the box." - Ella Montgomery

❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁ ❁❁

ITS BEEN NINETY SEVEN YEARS SINCE A NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE KILLED EVERYONE ON EARTH, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the earth needs another one hundred years to become survivable again. Four more space- locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream, this is reality. Reality sucks.

Dahlia Lightstone sits in her prison cell, marking another line on the wall. 198 days. That's how long she's been in here, how long ago her arrest was. For a crime that would ultimately lead to her death on her eighteenth birthday. Laying on her bed, she lets out a sigh, wondering what her parents could be doing. Not that they cared about her. She shouldn't even be thinking of them since they didn't think of her as their child anymore. Once they found out what she did, they basically disowned her. Though her mother visited once in a while, all pity trips. The door opens, bringing her out of her thoughts. She sits up, her eyebrows furrowing as she watches the two guards walk in. "Prisoner 416, face the wall." One of them says and Dahlia rolls her eyes, standing up to face away from them. They had rarely come into her cell so it was a bit odd, especially since her birthday wasn't coming up.

"What's going on?" Dahlia asks the guard who just ignores her question. How rude. Dahlia starts to think what they could be doing. They had no right, well actually they had every right, but she shouldn't have to do anything without an explanation.

"Hold out your right arm." He demands and Dahlia just stands straight, not budging an inch. She was not doing anything until he told her what was going on, it was only fair. "I said hold out your arm." He says again but once again she disobeys causing him to grab her, slamming her against the wall.

"Get the hell off of me!" She yells at the guard as she fights against his grip. Dahlia brings her foot up and kicks the guard in the knee causing him to fall to the ground. She runs out of the room, looking around. That's when she recognizes the familiar shaggy haired brunette. Running over to him she pushes her way through the guards and wraps her arms around him. He immediately returns the hug, hugging her tightly as he strokes her hair. Pulling away, Dahlia looks at him with tears in her eyes. "Finn, what's going on?" She asks him and he sighs, stroking her cheek. He didn't know what to tell her since the guards were being very discrete, but he wasn't about to let anything happen to her even though he knew how stubborn she could be.