Stronger

The next morning when Zayn woke up, he stayed in bed so long Liam eventually came knocking on his door.

He slowly peeked in, chuckling when he and Zayn made eye contact.

"Hey, sorry I was worried you and Harry were in here or something. Where is he I thought you said you were bringing him back last night?"

Zayn sighed, staring at the ceiling.

"We had a fight."

Liam frowned. "What about dinner tonight what are we gonna do?"

"You're on your own, sorry." Zayn said coldly.

Liam stood there for a second, realizing that didn't matter at the moment.

"What happened?" He asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"I don't want to talk about it." Zayn said, rubbing his forehead and closing his eyes.

"Well...are you guys still together?" Liam asked.

"I don't know, I don't want to think about that right now." Zayn said, finally getting out of bed.

"Whenever you decide you want to talk, I'm here for you." Liam told him.

"I know, thanks." Zayn said quietly, deciding to go take a shower.

Liam walked back into the kitchen, biting his lip as he thought.

Maybe he could do this on his own.

He looked at the clock, seeing that it was almost lunch time.

He decided to get dressed and head over to Louis', hoping he was there without Tim.

When he got to Louis' he took a deep breath in the car, fighting away his nerves and getting out.

Surprisingly, Louis was the one to answer the door.

"Oh, hey. What's up?" Louis frowned a little.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you." Liam said.

Louis stared at him a moment. "Yeah, come in."

Liam gladly followed him inside, the two sitting across from each other at the kitchen table.

Niall was digging through the fridge when they came in, eventually shuffling out with his arms full of food.

"Okay, now, what'd you want to talk about?" Louis asked, even though he felt like he knew.

"I want to say I'm sorry for everything I said to you and the way I treated you. I don't want you to be mad at me anymore. I want to go back to being friends again" Liam said.

"Is that all?" Louis asked.

"Um, no. I really want you to understand that I mean it when I say I'm sorry. I was an idiot and I really should've just talked things out with you instead of being such a dick." Liam explained. "I regret that every day."

"No I meant, is friends all you want to be?" Louis asked.

Liam paused, not sure how to answer that question.

"Well we can't be more. Last time we did that things didn't end to well, plus you're...happy with someone else now." Liam said.

Louis sighed. "Actually...."

"Did you break up with him?" Liam asked quickly.

"Yeah." Louis answered.

Liam fought back his true feelings. "Oh, I'm...sorry that didn't work out."