Chapter 37: We are destined

Song used in this chapter: "Golden Love" - Midnight Youth

____ 

"We rest as one soul"

Heung Soo stretched his arms in front of his desk, as he had just finished working on a long document he had been dealing with all day.

He breathed in deeply, feeling a bit tired, and took out his phone from his pocket. And then he smiled. A sudden jolt of happiness overcame him, as he stared at Nam Soon's smile on his phone background. It was a picture they took together the other day. On that day that now seemed so far away, but in fact, it wasn't.

He stood up, leaving his phone on his desk and stared at Moo Yul, who was still too concentrated on working to notice him.

"I'm gonna grab a cup of coffee. Want one?" he offered him, getting his wallet from his backpack.

"Sure, thanks," he smiled lightly, without taking his eyes away from his notebook.

Heung Soo was not in a rush when he headed to the cafe. He wasn't going to the one Nam Soon used to work. The one he was now going to was closer to his office, but not as good. Yet, he didn't care. It just didn't feel right to continue going to that one after what happened to Nam Soon.

He already had to pass in front of it every time he left work, and it was enough. Though, he liked the feeling. He liked to take a brief look inside it and remember the day he saw Nam Soon again. Yes, it was bitter, and it took long for him to finally feel good about it. But now, he couldn't be more grateful. To this place, and fate that brought them back together again.

He could never imagine before, he could hardly even dream about it. And now, it was just this warm feeling left. The warm feeling that had been buried inside his heart, and that was filling him every day. Every second he breathed and thought about Nam Soon. Of things they would do, films they would watch, places they would go to, jokes they would make. He just couldn't wait for all the things that they would still do.

"Oh, we were destined

Oh, underdone"

He had that smile on his face when he came back to the office. Too lost in his own thoughts to notice right away that Young Kwang was sitting at his desk, laughing about something.

He gave the cup of coffee to Moo Yul, that was apparently pretending to listen to him while he was working on his documents.

Heung Soo took a sip of his coffee and just then noticed that Young Kwang had his cell phone in hands, staring at something that he found kind of funny. Heung Soo had forgotten his phone on his desk when he went down to get coffee. And, as it seems, something about it was just too funny for Young Kwang.

And then, Heung Soo froze. He had just remembered about the background picture he was using.

"Yah, Heung Soo," he laughed, looking at the screen and then back into Heung Soo's face. "Are you gay?"

Heung Soo lost his breath for a few seconds, before a sudden jolt of anger got him from the inside. What right did he think he have to decide to go through his stuff like this?

"Who let you use my phone?" he hissed, taking it away from his hands, suddenly hoping his face wasn't feeling so hot. It kind of made his rispid talk sound stupid if he was blushing like this.