Chapter 31: These small hours.

Song used in this chapter: "Little Wonders" - Rob Thomas

____

"Our lives are made

In these small hours

These little wonders,

These twists & turns of fate"

Heung Soo couldn't wait to go home after his shift that Monday. He didn't know why he was so anxious like this. Was it because of Nam Soon? It didn't really matter, and he didn't want to think too much about it. Yet, he couldn't take the smile away from his face when he finally got home.

There were noises coming from the kitchen when he entered the apartment, and soon he found out it came from a video that Nam Soon kept replaying on his cell phone while he was making a big mess while stirring dough inside a bowl. His face was messed up with flour, and he seemed a bit annoyed. However there was a good scent coming from the stove.

"What the hell is this?" Heung Soo asked after closing the door behind him and dropping his suitcase at the central table.

"Nothing much..." Nam Soon mumbled as he dropped the dough inside a cooking bowl. "Trying to bake something..." He explained and Heung Soo smiled when the corner of his lips curled up.

"Yeah, I can see that. Need any help?" He asked as he approached the counter after taking of his suit, since he didn't want to mess it with the flour that was all around it.

"Just finished. Have to leave it cooking for forty minutes now..." Nam Soon sighed, washing his dirty hands at the sink and drying it in his jeans. "How was work?"

"Boring," he shrugged and turned around. "I'll take a bath. You ate already? Are you having bread for dinner?"

"No, it's for tomorrow," Nam Soon answered and started cleaning the mess he had made with all that flour. "And I still didn't eat."

"I think I want pizza today," Heung Soo said already inside the bedroom while he took off his clothes with the door half opened.

"I'll order it then," Nam Soon swallowed dry, avoiding to stare into the room and looking for the pizzeria number at one note Heung Soo had left at the freezer door.

He heard the shower turning on and a manly voice answered from the other line. Nam Soon had his back to the room, but he couldn't help but curse the other for leaving the door open. It was certainly not by purpose, but it was only two days since they had been living together. In just two days, was Heung Soo already becoming so slow like that? Were those two days enough for him to forget everything? Was Heung Soo finally seeing Nam Soon just like a friend again and acting all careless just like before?

Nam Soon wasn't ready for it - he didn't want it. He couldn't see Heung Soo just like a friend, and that was why he didn't want the other to forget it just like that. Even though he said just the opposite... Truthfully, he didn't want it.

"In the end

We will only just remember how it feels"

He headed back to the couch as he heard Heung Soo turning off the shower. He thought about lying there today. Last night he ended up at Heung Soo's bed by mistake... But that didn't mean he would sleep there from now on, right? However, when he saw the other passing from the small frame of the door with only the towel around his waist, he wasn't really sure about it - not that he managed to see much, since the frame was really tiny and he passed quickly. But it was enough to see that he was there. Only in towels, like he didn't care. Like he had already forgotten about everything.