Chapter 27: A love that never happened.

Song used in this chapter: "What About Now" - Daughtry

____

"I am by your side,

Where love will find you.

What about now?

What about today?"

"Hi," Heung Soo answered with a hoarse voice as he managed to pick up his phone on his messy headboard after waking up to the shrill sound of his cell phone.

He recognized Nam Soo's voice on the other end of the line immediately.

"Are you home?" He heard him whispering as he slowly tried to open his eyes, his mind still blank and dizzy from sleepiness.

"Yes," he answered, rubbing his eyes - the light that was coming from the window hurting his vision. He didn't have the proper time to say anything else as he heard Nam Soon saying that he was reaching his apartment soon, and the call was abruptly cut short. He put his phone back over the desk and sat down on the bed, slowly remembering the night before.

When he was finally able to open his eyes, everything that happened last night became clear. The sight of a naked woman on his bed made his heart stop beating for a brief second - Nam Soon was coming over, but he couldn't come now.

Heung Soo stood from his bed quickly, waking up the girl at his side. She had to leave before Nam Soon arrived, before he found out everything he's been trying to hide.

But it was too late for that now, because he barely managed to get dressed when he heard his doorbell ringing.

"What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?

What if our love never went away?

What if it's lost behind words we could never find?"

Nam Soon's hands were cold and sweaty when he rang the doorbell of Heung Soo's apartment. He saw the messages that Heung Soo had sent him as soon as he woke up, and came running as quickly as possible. He didn't know what to think or what to do because he never expected anything like that. He was nervous and needed to talk to him.

If he were a decent person, he should feel bad for Jin Ah after everything that happened, but how could he? If Heung Soo really loved him, he knew he was selfish enough not to feel bad about anyone because of it. And there was nothing he could do to change those feelings.

The door opened slowly and Heung Soo stared at the man in front of him. Nam Soon wanted to say something, but his mind was suddenly blank.

"Nam Soon..." Heung Soo said, staring at him for a brief second before looking down. And that was when that girl came out of his bedroom, wearing a short red top. She had blonde hair and looked anything like Jin Ah - she definitely wasn't Jin Ah.

She looked at both of them and sighed, her expression showing that she was annoyed at something.

"So Nam Soon really is a man?" She commented, letting a smirk appear on her face. She grabbed her black purse from the coffee table and headed for the front door, where they were still standing. "I'm tired of hearing that name," she said, looking at Nam Soon and back at Heung Soo. "Don't even bother calling me," she mumbled before walking out the door.