🖤1 - The Beginning🖤

Start from the beginning

August 11, 2014 - Riverdale; Southside
It was something that all the Serpents arrived for. The funeral of a fellow member. Ainsley Ambers, the adopted daughter of Ellis Ambers was there the whole day. She had to hear what everyone said about her mother.

It was tough on them all and Ainsley swore vengeance against whoever killed her mother. The leader of the Serpents, and one of Ainsley's closest friends' father, FP Jones had found her mother brutally murdered just outside the town when he was on one of his many rides. Ainsley was the first person he had told. It broke his heart to see this young girl in so much pain. He even offered to take her in to live with him and his family, but she refused. Just as she did to everyone who offered her a new place of residence.

She wanted to stay in her mother's trailer, it was one of the last things she had of her mother, and she refused to let it go so easily.

All she had to remind her was the trailer, her mums' motorcycle and her mums serpent jacket that as soon as she turned 13, she told FP that she was going to join the serpents. To honour and respect her mother and to keep Ellis's memory alive. He reluctantly agreed but thought it was a good idea at heart.

Which brings us to present day. Start of a new school for Ainsley as she decided to start at Riverdale High with her closest friend Jughead Jones, instead of continuing at Southside High with two of her other friends, Toni Topaz and Fangs Fogarty. She wanted a different type of scenery and a different take on things for a while before she really made her mind up, or at least from 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday.

This is the story of Ainsley Ambers.

Start of Semester One, Present Day 2018 - Riverdale; Northside

I tore down the quiet streets of Riverdale upon my mums' old motorcycle, heading to my first day at a new school. Living alone was one thing but transferring schools was another. Especially as a serpent. To make things easier on myself, I decided that in order to make a good first impression I would not take my Serpent jacket to school but leave it at home where I can continue to protect those I love.

I arrived at the school, looking quite out of place. I parked my motorcycle and looked around me as I took my helmet off. I was surrounded by nice cars and prissy looking people. I took one look at myself and knew instantly that this was one of the worst ideas I had ever had.

I was dressed in a pair of ripped high waisted black skinny jeans, a normal black tank top and just my standard leather riding jacket.

Sigh. So much for first impressions.

Hopping off my bike with my bag slung off one shoulder now, I headed inside the school. Walking up those steps and through those double doors almost felt daunting. I had eyes on me instantly. The halls carried the students whispers as I walked by them on my way to the office.

I smiled at the older lady behind the desk as I walked in, gently placing my hand on the desk, tapping lightly to get her attention.

"Hi, my name is Ainsley Ambers. I'm the new transfer student from Southside High." I greeted the lady and put my hand out for her to shake which she did, returning the smile I was giving her.

"Welcome to Riverdale High Miss Ambers. You will have a guide with you for the day. In fact, they should be here any moment. Why don't you take these and go take a seat by the wall? Your guide should be here any moment now." With a sweet smile the lady handed me my class schedule, locker number and combination as well as a list of extracurricular activities that I could participate in if I chose. She pointed to the seats and I walked over taking one of them.