🖤1 - The Beginning🖤

Disclaimer: Strong language/Themes (Self-Harm)
Note: This chapter will start from a narrators point of view but end up in Ainsley's. Majority of this book will be from her point of view unless otherwise stated.
Enjoy 🖤

April 17, 2002 - Riverdale; Northside
Screams came from the second floor of the gorgeous modern home. A woman, tired, lay sprawled across the sofa downstairs in the living area. Her eyes struggling to stay open as her ears rang from the constant screams, that never seemed to end.

It was 4:45pm, her husband would arrive home any minute. She knew if the screaming didn't stop soon, it would be her head on the chopping block tonight.

Groaning, the woman sluggishly got up from the sofa and walked up the stairs to where the screams came from. She heavily shoved the wooden door wide open, exposing a cute nursery.

Pink walls lay bare, the only thing in the room was an old wooden crib, with a two-month-old baby laying in it. Screaming her poor head off. All this child craves was a little attention. Her parents wanted nothing to do with her, but they put up with it. Until it became unbearable.

The front door slammed opened. A rugged man appeared, suit and tie, briefcase. Uptight looking man, with a dangerous secret. Or two. He snarled when he heard the child's screams. Storming up the stairs he looked at his exhausted wife, a small light of sympathy shined upon the mans face. Not enough however. Dropping his briefcase, he waltzed into the room and picked the baby up. Instantly calming her.

Holding the baby in one arm, carelessly, he grabbed his wife's hand with his free one and took them both downstairs and out to his car. The man had quite had enough.

Despite his wife's constant questions, he drove from one side of town to the next. Going from nice and cozy rich homes to what he liked to claim as the "dirty and rotten" district. Or as it was known as to the rest of the public, the man and his wife had driven from the Northside to the Southside.

Finding their way to an old run-down bar called the Whyte Wyrm. He parked his brand-new car in amongst the others, clearly showing he had cash to spend on stupid and frivolous things. Leaving his wife, he grabbed the baby and walked up to the back of the building where he found an old service door. He placed the baby beside the door and did one last nice thing for the child. He wrote a note that he attached to the baby's blanket, kissed her head and off he went.

That note read:

To whomever finds this child,
Her name is Ainsley. She was born on February 17, 2002. Once from the Northside. This child is too much to deal with so deal with IT as you please. Instead of an orphanage we believe that this place will be better for her, as we never want to see her face. She is a bad sign and is tearing us apart. Good riddance enjoy the baby.

Sincerely Yours.
L.
-

And that was how it ended. Just a single letter "L".

This poor child was left behind a bar for hours until someone finally stepped outside. A young woman by the name of Ellis Ambers. She smiled and took the child as her own. She kept the name Ainsley as she thought it suited her perfectly. Ellis never understood why someone would leave a baby at a place like that with a note. Whilst the note was a sweet gesture, what was written was not.

Ellis made a vow that she would protect this baby girl from the world and this "L" person with all that she had until the day she died. She did exactly that. For 12 years she raised that baby girl as if she were her own. Until she sadly passed away in August of 2014.